Thomas - Empty Chairs and Empty Tables (songfic)

(Thomas Sanders is the last person to live on the earth. Everyone has died from different sources might it be cancer, suicide, assassinated, ect. He goes through memories he has shared with multiple friends before he decides to end it all. I only put in a small portion of his fdiends because unlike tge lazy f*ck that I am, he has a lot of friends.)

(WARNINGS: suicide, loneliness, depression.)
---------------------------------
There's a grief that can't be spoken,
There's a pain goes on and on.
Empty chairs at empty tables,
Now my friends are dead and gone.

*Thomas's POV*
They are all gone. The only one left in the whole earth was me.

The power is down. Internet is down for good. Animals are gone. Pollution levels are rising. And I can't do anything. I would help with all of this, but one person is not enough.

Here they talked of revolution,
Here it was they lit the flame,
Here they sang about tomorrow and tomorrow never came.

I remember one of my first interactions with Talyn.
---------------------------------

From the table in the corner,
They could see a world reborn,
And they rose with voices ringing,

“So this is my friend Talyn.” Joan says as they sat down. The nonbinary next to him waved to me. I said hi, hoping to not scare them off.

Joan quickly got up and said, “Sorry. I gotta take this call.” It was only me and Talyn, in the same room, alone.

I started getting paranoid. They started getting paranoid. My eyes darted towards a “Red Pyramid” book while there's darted towards one of my various ”Harry Potter” posters.

Then their eyes and my eyes caught one of the remotes. I said to them, “Uh...do you like remote controls? Numbers?” They respond with an unsure “Ye-yeah.”
---------------------------------

I remember one of my favorite and most hilarious memories with both Valerie and Taylor.
---------------------------------

And I can hear them now
The very words that they have sung
Became their last communion
On this lonely barricade, at dawn.

“Now tell me, princess,” Valerie was singing a song from one of my favorite Disney Movies Aladdin. “Now when did you last let your heart decide?” Behind us, laying on the couch with his head tilted up, Taylor said, ”It's been a while.”

---------------------------------

I can remember when me, Nick, and Brizzy did a Disney Vine together.
---------------------------------

I remember a lot of the singing vines me and Britney did. We did the songs Rude, Blank Space, Firework, Fancy, Roar, and many others.
---------------------------------

I remember the time where I asked Kenny if he could help with a video. He just got out of the shower and showed up in just a towel.
---------------------------------

I remember a lot of different memories for a lot of different friends.

I remember when I first met Jilly.
---------------------------------

Oh my friends, my friends forgive me
That I live and you are gone
There's a grief that can't be spoken,
And there's a pain goes on and on

I was walking through a mall in New York when I saw them. They were right outside of a Starbucks reading while drinking their drink.

At first glance you'll think that they were a girl, but once you get to know them, they would tell you about the fact that they don't like to label their gender.

They had sunglasses over their eyes and a black and white hat to cover themself. They were also wearing a yellow dress with long black sleeves and leggings. They were also wearing black designer boots. I had no idea who they where.

I took out my phone and turned on the Vine apps camera and said “Storytime!” I turned the camera on them and said, “The Frappuccino was very delicious it took our friend here deeper into the story.” They glanced up at me and said, “Yeah, it really does.”

I exit the app and turned back to the masked person. “Hello,” I said. “My name is Thomas Sanders and I film short little videos for an app called Vine. I just made one with you in it. I would like to request your approval to post it.”

They smiled and took of their hat and glasses. They said, “Of course you can. I am actually a follower of yours.” I instantly recognized them. It was Jilly Napier, someone I follow on Vine.
---------------------------------

I loved all my memories and friends equally. All of a sudden, memories of Joan flooded my mind, making me sob uncontrollably.
---------------------------------

Phantom faces at the window,
Phantom shadows on the floor,
Empty chairs at empty tables where my friends will meet no more.

---------------------------------

All of this sudden rush of memories I couldn't handle. I just can't.

Oh my friends, my friends don't ask me
What your sacrifice was for

*TIME SKIP BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT TO WRITE HOW HE COMMITTED SUICIDE/3RD PERSON POV*
Thoms woke up not feeling at all. He didn't understand how waking up was possible. He just committed suicide. There was blood around his place where he is in the bathroom.

A bright light showed at the end of the bathroom. Nine people walked from it. Talyn, Valerie, Taylor, Nick, Brizzy, Kenny, Britney, Jilly, and Joan. They were all wearing the outfit they wore on the days he met them, except they were all in white.

Joan and Jilly walked towards Thomas and they each extended a hand out to him. He took the two peoples hands and was guided out of his body. He was wearing the same clothes except they are white.

Joan and Jilly lead him towards the light, the others following them. They all disappeared, living the world with no humans.

Empty chairs at empty tables
Where my friend will sing no more.