12

~Aaliyah's Pov~

Hershel finally got the crutches. We were outside, He was doing pretty good considering this was the first time he used crutches. "Way to go Hershel!" Glenn called out once he saw Hershel. After a few seconds i heard a growl. Both Carl and I looked back. "Walkers!" We called out at the same time. "look out!" he said as we pulled out our Guns. 

We started shooting the walkers, taking down as many as we could. "No! Get out of there! now!" Rick called out. "Hershel in there." I said Clearing the stair case. "Cmon!" Beth said. I ran over there. "Lori! Here!" Maggie said and they went to the block. We stayed in the cage and i shot down walkers to they'd have less to worry about. My clip finally went empty. Rick, Glenn and Daryl came in and took down the few walkers that were left. "What the hell happened!" Rick said. Daryl came to me. "The gate was open!" Beth said looking at Rick. 

"You good.?" he asked looking at me. I nodded and stuck my hand threw the fence. He held my hand. "Stay put alright?" he said giving my hand a squeeze. I nodded and he let my hand go. "Where's Lori, Carl. Everyone else." rick asked. "Maggie led Lori and Carl into C block. "T-dog was bit." I said looking at him. "Anyone else?!" He asked looking at me. "I couldn't see anyone else." I said shaking my head. "Stay put." he said. We nodded, They kept taking down walkers.

An alarm went off. "Oh! You gotta be kiddin' me!" Daryl yelled. They shot the speakers and took the prisoners down and after a while, the alarms went off. Rick, Daryl, Glenn and the other prisoners came out. "You didn't find them?" Hershel asked as Rick came to us. We were out of the cafe now, "We thought maybe they came back out here." Glenn said looking at us. "What about T? Carol?" Hershel asked. 

"They didn't make it." Daryl said. "That doesn't mean the other didn't. We're going back. Daryl and Glenn. You're coming with-" Rick stopped talking once we heard a baby crying. We all looked over to see Carl and Maggie covered in blood. Maggie was holding a baby but Lori wasn't with them.. Carl had a gun in his hand. Maggie was in tears.

Rick walked and dropped the Ax shaking his head. Maggie just cried. "Where- Where is she. Where is she?" Rick asked walking. "No- Rick." Maggie said trying to hold him back but he walked and stopped right next to Carl and cried. Carl cried silently and i stepped down to Daryl. He hugged me as Rick fell down sobbing. I hugged Daryl back and Carl went to Maggie and the baby. 

"Are you okay?" i asked Daryl as we let go. He nodded. "You?" he asked. I nodded and he went to Rick who was on his knees. I went to Carl, he was holding the baby. "Let me see the baby." Hershel said. Carl walked to Hershel and I followed. "What are we gonna feed it? We got anything a baby can eat?" Daryl asked walking to Hershel too. 

Hershel looked at the baby. "Good news is she looks healthy. But she needs formula, and soon or she wont survive." He said. "Nope. No way. Not her. We're not losin' anyone else. I'm goin' on a run." Daryl said strapping hos crossbow to his back. "I'll back you up." Maggie said. "I'll go too." Glenn said. "Okay, think where we're goin' Beth. Liyah." Daryl said gesturing us to go to him as he walked away from everyone. We went to him.

"Kid just lost his mom. His dad ain't doin' so hot." Daryl said. "We'll look out for him." Beth said. He nodded. "Alright," he said nodding. "Be careful." I said looking at him. He nodded rubbing my arm quickly. "You two get the fence. too many pule up we got ourselves a problem. Glenn, Maggie. Vamonos." He said  

~The next day~

Glenn and Maggie came back okay and they got the baby formula, Right now, we were all having breakfast. I was sitting next to Daryl on the steps. "Everybody okay?" We looked over to see Rick, He was finally back up here. He's been down there for a while. "Yeah, we are." Maggie said as we all looked at him. He was cleaned up, he walked up to us. 

"What about you?" Hershel asked. "I cleared out the boiler block." He said looking at Carl and Hershel. "How many were there?" Daryl asked. "I don't know. A dozen, 2 dozen." he said looking over to him. He looked at me too. "I have to get back. Just wanted to check on Carl." He said patting Carl's back. 

"Rick- we can handle taking out the bodies." Glenn said. He obviously wasn't in the right state of mind. "You really don't have to." Glenn said. "No, I do." Rick said walking to Daryl and I. "Everyone have a gin and a knife?" He asked looking at Daryl. "Yeah. We're runnin' low on ammo though." Daryl said looking at him. 

"Maggie and Me were planning on making a run this afternoon. Found a phone book with some places we can check for bullets and formula." Glenn said looking at Rick. "We cleared out the generator room. Axel's there tryinna fix it. In case of emergency." Daryl said looking at Rick. He looked at me and nodded a bit. I returned the nod and he walked away again. 

~~~

Daryl found Carol down in the tombs, she was in a cell right now, Daryl and I walked out since we heard his voice and we saw a woman laying down. "Rick." Daryl said looking at him then the woman. I looked at Carl and he looked at me. "Who the hell is this?" Daryl asked. "You wanna tell us your name?" Rick asked. 

The woman didn't answer at all, she just stared him down. "Ya'll come on over here." Daryl said. "Everything alright?" Rick asked looking at us. "You're gonna wanna see this." He said and walked. "Go ahead, Carl get the bag." Rick said. I saw him holding a basket with baby formula. 

"They're back?" i asked as he passed me. "No," he said looking at me and back at the formula. I looked at him confused as Daryl closed the door. "Cmon." Daryl said putting a hand on my back.