60

~Aaliyah's Pov~

We were getting rid of the bodies that were streets. I was sitting down on the steps, I've been here for a while. Daryl sat down next to me. "Carl told me what you did." He said looking at me. I looked at him. "I didn't want to Daryl. I didn't want to." I said putting my head in my hands and closing my eyes. 

"he was suffering- he told me to- But i didn't want to." I said looking. "I know." He said looking at me. "Maggie was the one that shot him." He said looking at me. "She was?" i asked looking at him. He nodded looking at me. "Yeah. She said he had a knife on you." He said. I nodded. "Yeah-" I said softly. he nodded. "Wasn't your fault then." He said looking at me. I looked at him. 

"I still killed him Daryl." i said as a tear fell. I wiped it away quickly. "One less person you have to worry about." He said looking at me. I looked at him. "Are you mad?" i asked. He shook his head. "Nah. Wish you weren't the one that did it though." he said looking at me. I looked at him. He looked at me too and put his hand on my back. He kissed my head. "You alright?" he asked moving his hand. I nodded a bit. "Yeah.." I said softly. 

~Few days later~

Carl and I were gonna met up with Rick on the highway. But Carl decided to stop for gas for the van. "You know your dad's gonna get mad," I said as he grabbed the things we needed to get the gas. He nodded putting on his hat. "yeah i know, but we need gas, how are we gonna get to him if we don't have gas?" he asked looking at me and closing the back door. I nodded a bit. "okay" I said softly. He nodded. We walked a while.

"Do you think this is gonna work?" I asked Carl as we walked. He shrugged a bit. "I don't know, I hope it does. This was all because of Negan.." He said. I nodded a bit. "Do you think this is gonna work?" He asked as he looked at me. I shrugged, "I hope so too.. But we're gonna lose people.. You know that right?" I said softly. He nodded. "yeah, I know." he said. I nodded. "That's the thing i fear the most.. Losing people i love." I said softly as i looked at him. He nodded. "Me too, I wish i could tell you that it's gonna be okay. But we don't know that." He said. I looked away nodding. "yeah, i know.." I said softly as we looked around.

"Look- can you please stay.. when we go back to Alexandria." he said looking at me again. I looked at him. "I don't want you getting hurt." he said shaking his head. I nodded. "okay.. But you better stay too." I said looking at him. he nodded. "I will," He said as we reached a gas station. We looked around and Carl looked in a car disgusted as he saw a walker. I shook my head a bit as i looked around, I don't think we were gonna find anything here to be honest.

He looked at me and we walked further in. "Hi!" We heard a voice. My heart stopped for a second as Carl dropped the metal can. We both reached for our guns, pointing them in the direction where the voice came from. "I'm okay. I mean- I'm not okay." We heard a mans voice. We looked around trying to pin point where this man was. "I've been shot at. You don't know me so i'm just gonna say something my mom use to say and hope for the best here." The man said. We looked around. He was well hidden. We couldn't see him. I looked at Carl. 'See him?' i mouthed. He shook his head. 'you?' he mouthed back. I shook my head.

He walked and i followed. As we walked further in this gas station the voice got louder. We were getting closer. "Whatever you have of good. Spend on the traveler. My mom said that. Helping a traveler. A person without a home. That's everything. I'm sure you've seen things. You don't trust people i get it. I don't either." the man said. Carl put a hand on my shoulder and got down. Once i was down he took his hand off my shoulder and took off his hat. I crouched and he looked under the car. Hoping to see this man. Or at least his legs. 

"I don't even know you two.. but i haven't eaten in a few days. You might not even be real." The man said. "i see him." Carl said softly. He got up and took off after the man, quickly and quietly. I followed him. "Hands up!." Carl said as we took the safety off the guns. We pointed them at the man. "I'm gone. It's cool. I just wanted some food." The man said scared. He was in bad shape. 

His clothes were ripped, he didn't have any weapons- none that we could see. A gunshot went off. It wasn't me. I looked over to Carl and we gave each other the same look. Another gunshot went off. We backed off a bit noticing it wasn't either one of us. Another gunshot went off and we saw Rick appear pointing his gun in the direction the man took off running in.

Carl went up to Rick and i put the safety back on the gun. I walked up to both of them. "We were supposed to meet at the intersection." Rick said looking at us. "Rick- he didn't have a gun." I said looking at him. Carl looked at him disappointed then he looked in the direction that the man ran in. "I shot over his head, I just wanted him gone." Rick said. "he said that he just-" Rick cut Carl off. "I heard what he said, Most of it.. He could have been one of them." Rick said looking at Carl.

"like a spy?" Carl asked a bit annoyed. Rick put his gun away, "I shot above his head. If he isn't one of them. I hope he makes it." Rick said looking at us. Carl grabbed my hand and pulled me away. I looked a Rick and he looked at me. I looked forward and Carl let go. "It's not gonna be enough dad." Carl said as we walked. "Enough of what?" Rick asked. "Hope." Carl said after a moment. He picked up his hat and put it back on. We started making our way back to the car. A while later Rick came along and we headed back.