67

~Aaliyah's Pov~

Daryl was taking everyone to the Hilltop. Carl said his goodbyes to Judith and he gave her his hat. "These people.. You saved them all. That's all you man." Daryl said looking at Carl. He was now holding Judith. Carl smiled slightly and nodded. He looked at me and moved his head slightly, wanting me to go. I shook my head looking at him, not moving at all. Carl shook his head too. "No," He said looking at Daryl. He looked at Carl. "Let her stay.." He said looking at Daryl. He nodded looking at me. I looked at him and rested my head on the wall as a tear fell. 

I know he didn't want to leave me, but he had to. And i wasn't leaving Carl behind either. Not right now.. Daryl walked away and Tara followed. Siddiq got on his knees. "You were helping me honor my mom." Siddiq said. "not just yours. mine too." Carl said. "You two brought me here. You gave me a chance. I know i can never repay you. But i can honor you. By showing your people. Your friends. Your family. That what you did wasn't for nothing. That it mattered. That it meant something. Because it did. So that's what i'm gonna do. I'm gonna honor you, Carl." Siddiq said.

He smiled as tears fell and held his other hand out and Siddiq took it. "Congratulations. You're stuck with us." Carl said. Siddiq nodded and headed with the rest. Now it was only Carl, Michonne, Rick and I. Michonne helped him lay back down and we stayed with Carl. I hated this.. It made my heart ache. I didn't want to see him like this. No one did.. We were just kids. And Carl was dying. 

We ended up taking out of the sewers. Rick and Michonne supporting him as we started heading towards a building. Any building that wasn't in flames. But when i looked around, every single house was up in flames. 

"Take our cover. Just in case." Rick said looking back at me. I looked at him and nodded taking out my gun. Rick and Michonne started walking, Carl's arms over their shoulders. Carl was in pain, it was clear that he was in pain. He was groaning as they moved him, "We need to stop." Michonne said looking at Rick. "The house up ahead. We can make it." Rick said. "its okay.. It's okay, just put me down here. It's okay." Carl said. "Rick-" i said looking at him in tears. "No, We'll make it." Rick said. "Please.." Carl said. They stopped walking and looked around. "There." Michonne said pointing up ahead to the church.

They set him down on the floor, as far as we could see, this was the only house that wasn't up in flames, not anymore. This place was destroyed, along with every other building in Alexandria. "Can i talk to her alone. Please." Carl said looking at Rick. He nodded and looked at me, he put a hand on my shoulder and stood up, Taking Michonne with him to the other side of this building.

I looked at him sadly as another tear fell. I looked at him and it was like i forgot how to breathe. I felt a pressure on my chest.  "I'm sorry I didn't tell you.." he said as a tear fell. I wiped it away and rested my hand on his chest. "It's okay," i said as my voice shook. I knew why he did it, he told me why. He looked at me and put his hand on top of mine. I held his hand right and he looked at me too. 

"It happened when we were out there. Getting Siddiq. When i was pinned by the walkers... against the deer.." He said softly. I furrowed my eyebrows as the thought hit me, i started to remember. Another tear fell as i looked at him. "I didn't get them on time?" I asked softly as my voice cracked. Was this my fault? I shook my head looking at him. "It was my fault?" I asked out loud as more tears fell.

"No. No- no don't." He said. I let go of his hand and put my head in my hands. "no.." i said softly. My heart kept on getting heavier and heavier. "Don't you dare blame yourself Liyah. Please don't it wasn't your fault.." He said putting his hand on my arm. I shook my head. It was the only thing that was on my mind. "no.." I whispered closing my eyes. "Look at me." he said moving his hand to my cheek. "Hey..." he said softly. I slowly looked at him. He wiped my tear away and held my hand. I looked at him and bit my lip slightly.

"This was not your fault.. You have to promise me you won't blame yourself." He said. I shook my head. "I can't do that Carl." I said my voice shook. "Please- Aaliyah. Promise me.." He said as another tear fell. "Just promise me please.." he said looking at me sadly. I stayed quiet and closed my eyes. He put his other free hand on my leg, "For me." He said. I opened my eyes and looked at me. "Promise me.." He said as his voice cracked. He shook his head. "I just need to hear it." he said looking at me. 

"I promise.." i said. That lie made me feel worse. But if that's what he wanted. I'll git it to him.. I looked back at him biting my lip. I shook my head. He looked at me sadly. "I love you so much.." He said shaking his head as another tear fell. "I love you too." I said softly. "That pictures we took." He said nodding sadly, swallowing the lump in his throat. I kept looking at him. "Do you have them on you?" he asked. I nodded sniffling slightly and put my hand in my pocket, pulling them out. 

I held them and looked at him. "Keep them. Close. Have the one of me and you, on you." he said. I nodded. "okay," i whispered. "C-can you check if i still have mine in my pocket?" He asked looking at me. I placed the pictures on my lap and check in Carl's pocket. "I hope i didn't drop it.." He said softly. I pulled out a picture of us. "No, it's here." I said nodding and looking at it. "Good, Can you put it in my flannel pocket?" he asked. I nodded and let go of his hand, I undid the button and slide the picture inside. "Thank you," he said softly. I nodded and buttoned it up again. 

"I love you." i said as my voice shook. Another tear fell as i looked at him. He nodded as a tear fell too. "I love you too." he said softly and held my hand again. 

A/N: I'M NOT READY