58

~Aaliyah's Pov~

It was the next day. I woke up to the sun in my eyes. I looked over to see Carl still sleeping. I sat up slowly and slipped away from Carl's grasp and got up, I put my pants on one of his long sleeve shirts. 

I put on my belt on and fixed my blade, i also put my gun in my holster and tied my shoes up. I looked over to see Carl still sleeping, he didn't budge at all. I went to the restroom brushed my teeth and came back out. I got on my knees and placed a kiss on Carl's cheek. I got up and opened the door only to heat him move. I looked over to see he was hugging my pillow. 

I smiled slightly and walked out of the room, closing the door behind me. I headed downstairs and i saw Rick sitting at the table. He looked over once he heard footsteps. "Hey," he said looking at me. "Good morning," I said giving him a soft smile. "Morning." He said looking at me. I went over to him. "Want something to eat?" He asked looking at me. I shook my head. "I'm okay, thanks." I said. "Why're you up? I'm surprised." He said looking at me, taking another sip of coffee. I smiled slightly confused. 

"Why?" I asked sitting down across from him. "Because Carl's the one who usually wakes up first. Not you." He said smirking. I smiled and looked down. "oh, yeah.." I said softly and looked at him. "He's still sleeping," I said nodding slightly. He nodded a bit. "I was gonna go talk to Daryl." i said. He nodded, "We're fighting them, today. You know that right?" he asked. I nodded. 

"Yes," I said looking at him. He nodded too. "Alright.." he said. "Is that why you're up too? Are you worried?" I asked looking at him. He kept looking at me. "We got the numbers, and the weapons." He said nodding. I nodded too. "I know, but are you nervous?" I asked again. He shook his head. "No, are you?" he asked. I nodded. "Yes," I said softly. "We'll be fine, Just stay close." He said looking at me. I nodded a bit. 

"I will," I said softly. He nodded. "Alright," he said. I nodded and stood up, tucking in the chair. "See you later Rick," I said looking at him. "See you," he said. I walked away and headed to the house Daryl and I stayed at. I walked in and saw Daryl walking to the door already. I closed the door behind me. "Are you done being stubborn?" I asked. He kept looking at me. "I gotta talk to you," I said. "What is it." He said looking at me. 

"When they came looking for you, Negan's people." I said walking to him. He walked to the kitchen and so did i. "Michael came with them." I said nodding. "Did he touch you?." he said looking at me. "He took me," I said nodding. He looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows. "What.?" he asked. I nodded a bit. "He took me, and i saw Negan. I'm not hurt. I'm okay, I came back okay. Negan gave me a gun." He said. "Michael took you." He said ignoring everything i just said. "Yes Daryl, He took me. But i'm okay." I said. "Why didn't you-" I cut him off. 

"Don't. You were acting like a kid. You locked yourself in your room. I tried telling you." I said. He kept looking at me. He walked away. "He's dead next time i see him." He said and i heard the door close. I shook my head and ran my hand through my head. 

~Later on that same day~

Those people that Carl was telling me about here here, they came in bikes and garbage trucks. They had guns. A lot of guns. We were getting ready, setting everything up and taking our positions. Carl came up to me and handed me a gun. I took it. "I was wondering where my shirt was." He said. I smiled slightly, pursing my lips which made him smile. "not sorry." i said walking. He smirked and caught up to me. 

"You're lucky i like how you look in it." He said. "I look good in everything that's yours." I said. "Oh really?" he asked. I nodded and took his hat off his head. "Hey-" he said. I put it on my head. "Rick likes it, Don't you Rick?" I asked as we walked. He turned around. "What do i like?" He asked. "Just say yes," I said fixing the hat. "Yes?" He said a bit confused. I looked at Carl and smiled. "See? He likes it." I said. He smirked again and took his hat back. 

"For the record, He gave me the hat." He said looking at me. I smiled looking at him and tilted my head. "You like the way i look in your hat. You can't deny it." I said walking towards the front of the place. He caught up to me and placed his hat on my head. "Yeah i do." He said. I looked at him and leaned in to kiss him. He kissed back. "Cmon." he said and we walked. Everyone was at the front ready. I put the hat back on his head and we climbed up the post. We put our guns up, ready. 

We looked over to Rick and he nodded. I looked down to Daryl and he looked up, once he felt my eyes on him. I nodded slightly and he did the same. I looked over at Carl and he also gave me a small nod. I returned it. "Rosita, Get into position. I'll signal you," Rick said putting his gun away. Rosita, Aaron and Daryl set up some dynamite that we got off of Negan's people. We were using them, trying to stop them. "And the wall's gonna hold?" Rick asked looking down at her. "It'll hold." She said. 

We heard engines in the distance. They were here. I adjusted my hand on the gun and I looked up. We saw it was Eugene. He was one of them..