36

~Aaliyah's Pov~

I sat down on the chair and put my hand on my stomach, the pain was growing more and more. 

"You're supposed to be in bed." Rosita said. I shook my head and removed my hand, It felt warm. "i'm fine." i said lifting my shirt up, i saw that the bandage pad was red. "No you're not. Let me see." Rosita said coming to me. I sat up straight and she removed the tape and moved the pad. "You popped your stitches." She said.

"i'm fine." I said again looking down. "it's just one, it's not that bad." i said looking at it. "Look for a rag- there's gotta be something." Rosita said looking at it. I put my hand over it. "I heard a crash." I said looking down. My hand started to get covered with blood too. "Here." Tara said coming up to me. I took the badge off and put the rag on my stomach.

"I'll look for a first aid kit. There should be one." Tara said and looked around the garage. "You should have stayed." She said. "I didn't want to. I'm with you guys and i'm okay so," i said shaking my head. "Denise wasn't in there?" She asked. I shook my head. "No, when i woke up again she wasn't there." I said looking at her

"Here," Tara said putting the box down. She helped me clean up. "Most people got inside their houses, there's that." She said as he cleaned up my wound. Rosita sat down on the chair next to me and put her head in her hands, her elbows resting on the table, she had her gun in her hands. 

"You think this is it?" she asked taking her head out of her hands. "What?" Tara asked. "Do you think this place is over.?" She asked. I looked over to see Eugene reading a History book, using a lighter as his source of light. "no," i said. "I think we gotta earn it. All of us. Whether waiting, Knowing if everyone's safe, Dealing with that or fighting it." Tara said looking at her then back down to my stomach. "A place like this as gotta have a price, right?" She asked. 

"We haven't paid it already?" Rosita asked. "Apparently not." Tara said. "It feels like Abraham is dead." Rosita said. "He's not," I said looking at her. "How do you know that?" She asked. "If i don't feel like my brother is dead, you shouldn't fee like Abraham is dead. They're both stubborn as hell, i don't think this'll kill them.." i said shaking my head as i looked at her. 

She smiled a bit. I returned it. "They're okay. They'll come back." i said looking at her. "this place isn't over either." Tara said as she finished up cleaning it. She grabbed a bandage/ gauze pad and placed it over. "Hold it," She said, I put my hand on it and she put tape around it. "We're here, So what are we gonna do gorgeous?" Tara asked standing up and looking at Rosita. 

Rosita looked at Tara and they looked at each other for a second. "Gonna get in there. See what's on the other side." She said standing up and walking to the door. Tara followed. "We can shoot out this lock." She said. "We shouldn't waste the bullet." Tara said. "You wont need to." Eugene said taking out the book mark/ pin from the book. 

He walked over to them. "Lock picking is in my skill set." He said and went to work on the lock. Once he picked the lock, We walked and saw it that we were in the building that was under construction, it was never finished. Once we walked in further we saw one of the people that attacked this place was here. He had a W scar on his forehead and he was holding Denise with a knife to her neck. 

Tara, Rosita and i held up our guns, pointing them at the man. "Just be still." He said. "no." Tara said. "Lower the guns." He said. We didn't lower than, Carol and a man i've never seen were on the floor. "Lower your guns." He said again. We lowered them. "Good. Slide them over. I want them." He said. 

Tara put hers down first, then me, then Rosita and Eugene slid his machete to him. He picked up Tara's gun and pointed it at us. "You don't need her." Tara said. "No, i don't." he said and walked. "Back." He said pointing it at us. We backed away and once he reached us, he pointed the gun at Denise's head. "you're not gonna make it. There's too many." I said looking at him. He looked at me and smiled, his teeth yellow and rotten. "We'll see." he said. 

He opened the door and walked out with Denise, He opened the screen door and took off with her. 

~Few minutes later~

"We have to try." Tara said looking at the walkers. "We cannot go out there. There's too many of them." Rosita said looking at her. "Rosita he's gonna kill her." Tara said coming to her. "We wont get to her." she said. "She needs us." Tara said. "We'll die. That is what will happen. We have 2 guns and the streets are filled with those things." She said looking at her. 

"We can't go." I said looking at Tara. She looked at me. "That man is sick. He needs her and i think we've seen that he knows how to survive. But we need to make sure that Carol and Morgan are okay and then we make a plan." She said. Carol moved her head. "Carol," i said looking at her. She sat up and We helped her up. "Oh god." She said holding her head. 

Rostia and Tara came to us. "Rosita, we're gonna need your gun. Gonna do a sweep of the brownstone. I wanna see what other surprises are down here." she said. Rosita gave Carol her gun and she went to look around the place.