40

~Aaliyah's Pov~

Yesterday, the rest went out and i stayed behind with Carl to take care of Judith and this place. The rest just got back from that Community that Jesus had. The hilltop. Rick was holding a meeting at the church. Daryl said that we might have to fight but that's all i heard. 

It was dark out. I walked over to see Daryl sleeping. His door was open. I closed it and walked outside. He didn't want to tell me anything. I walked out and went to Glenn and Maggie's place and knocked on the door. They had some lights on inside so i knew they were awake. 

The door opened and it revealed Glenn. "hey." He said shaking his head confused. He moved aside and i walked in to see Maggie too. "You okay?" Glenn asked. "I couldn't sleep.. Daryl won't talk to me.." i said looking at him. Maggie stood up and sat down on the couch, patting the cushion next to her. I sat down and Glenn sat down next to me.

"Are you guys fighting..? That's all he told me.." I said looking at Maggie. "Yeah we are." Glenn said. I leaned back. "it's scaring me.." I said looking at the candles. Glenn leaned back too and looked at me. "You shouldn't be. We're doing this for this place. We're strong. We can take them. We've done things like this before." He said. I rested my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me. 

"Liyah don't be scared." He said rubbing my shoulder. Maggie put her hand on mine. "We'll be okay." She said nodding. "This is the first time Daryl doesn't tell me something. The last time he didn't- Daryl left and Merle died." I said. "not the same." Glenn said kissing my head and rubbing my arm again. 

"i'm scared.. I don't want you guys to go." I said closing my eyes. "We have to." Glenn said holding me. I was honestly scared for them. And i didn't know why. I just didn't have a good feeling about this. "Don't be. You'll see us again." Maggie said looking at me. I opened my eyes and looked at her. 

"I don't want you to go either- you shouldn't. You should stay here." I said looking at her. "They need me out there too. They need all of us." She said looking at me. "Y-you don't have to-" I said puling away from Glenn and facing Maggie. Glenn sat up too. "You're pregnant- What if you get hurt- You shouldn't go at all." I said. "it's okay. i'll just be on perimeter. 

I kept looking at her. "please don't go." I said looking at Glenn. He saw i was worried. He shook his head. "We'll be okay." He said looking at me and putting his hands on my shoulders. I looked down again and he pulled me in for a hug. I hugged him back. "Spend the night here." he said rubbing my back a bit. I nodded and we pulled away. "Cmon," Maggie said standing up. 

"go," he said softly, putting his hand on my back. I stood up too. "I'll clean up," Glenn said getting up. Maggie and I went upstairs and she opened a door, it was a guest bedroom. "We're at the end of the ball, last door on the right if you need anything." she said walking in and turning on the lamp. 

"Please don't go into the line of fire. I don't want to lose you. Or Glenn." i said looking t her. "We'll be careful. We always are." she said as i sat on the bed. She looked at me and nodded. I nodded a bit looking at her. "Get some rest okay?" She asked. I nodded looking at her. "okay," I said softly. 

"If you need anything to get ready for bed, there's toothpaste and a toothbrush in the restroom." She said. I nodded looking at her. "Thank you." I said as i sat back in the bed. "We'll all be back." She said nodding. I nodded too. I got ready for bed and she got me some more blankets. 

Glenn walked in and placed them down on the bed. He put a hand on them and i nodded looking at him. He nodded too. I turned off the light and walked to him. He smiled a bit and put his hands on my shoulders. "Actually try to sleep alright?" he asked. I nodded. 

"Yeah," I said softly. "alright." He said and pulled me in for a hug. I hugged him back and he placed a kiss on my head. "Goodnight," He said. "Goodnight." I said and we pulled away and he walked out, closing the door behind him. 

~The next day~

They were leaving, All of them. I walked out with Maggie and Glenn and we headed to the rest who were getting the things ready. "That's where you went." Daryl said looking at me. "Can't be runnin' off on me like that. What the hell." He said walking up to me. Maggie and Glenn started helping them out, loading things on the cars. 

"I couldn't sleep.. And you didn't talk to me- I went to them.." i said. He kept looking at me. "I was gonna tell you." he said. "But you didn't." I said. He looked at me. "I'm sorry. Alright.? I just didn't want you to know anymore than you should." he said. I nodded a bit. "Just be careful alright.?" I asked looking at him. "We will. You know that already." he said looking at me. I nodded looking at him. "yeah." i said softly. 

Carl came outside too. After a while, they finished packing up everything they needed and they started heading in. I hugged Daryl. "Love you alright?" he asked holding me. I nodded. "Love you too." I said softly. "Alright." he said kissing my head. "See you when we get back." he said. I nodded. Glenn and Maggie came up to me, I looked at them. Glenn pulled out Hershel's pocket watch. 

"So you know we'll be back. Give this back to me." He said holding it up. I smiled a bit and took it. I looked at it. "okay," i said softly. "okay. come here." he said pulling me in for a hug. I hugged him back. "I love you. Don't be worried." he said holding me close. "I love you too." i said closing my eyes and hugging him. He pulled away and i hugged Maggie. She hugged back and we pulled away. She gave me a small smile and put her hand on the side of my head then pulled away. 

I said goodbye to Rick too and they headed out. Carl came up to me and wrapped his arm around me. "They'll be back." he said. "I know." i said softly.