27

~Aaliyah's Pov~

"Can i borrow your knife?" Carl asked. I handed him my knife and he took it. he walked back to Father Gabriel and i saw that he set up some weapons on the floor in front of him. I walked over to them both. "Pick one," Carl said looking at Father Gabriel who was on his hands and knees, trying to get the blood stains off the floor. "You need to learn how to defend yourself. We can teach you." He said looking down at him. 

He looked up at Carl, "Defend myself? They said they'd go." he said looking at him, "They were liars and murderers." Carl said. "Just like us." he said. "We protected ourselves, you don't know what these people did to our people." I said looking at him. He looked at me. "They wanted us dead." Carl said. He looked over to Carl again. 

"You're lucky your church has lasted this long. You cant stay at one place anymore. Not for too long. And once you're out there, you're gonna find trouble you can't hide from. You need to know how to fight." Carl said. He picked up a machete. "Good choice. But you're not holding it right- you've got to be able to drive it down- 'cause sometimes their skills aren't as soft and you need to be able to-" He cut Carl off. 

"I'm sorry. no. I need to lie down." he said taking it with him. He walked away and he looked at me. I looked at him too. "he just needs time," i said. "Well he doesn't have much of it." He said. "I know." I said as he picked up my knife and handed it back to me.  I took it and put it in my holster. "He's a priest, He's not gonna want to kill people." I said. "They're not people." He said looking at me. 

"You know what i mean." I said looking at him. "He sees them as people and he's against hurting anymore." I said looking at him. He nodded a bit. "Yeah.." he said. I nodded looking at him. "Good try though," I said softly. He nodded picking up the weapons again. I helped him put them away. 

We looked at each other. "You think we'll find a place to stay...?" I asked looking at him. "Maybe," He said nodding. I handed him the rest of the weapons and we set them down in the bag. "maybe we can find a place and stay there for a while.." I said. He nodded. "I hope so." he said. "Me too." I said softly. 

~~~

After a while, We heard a yell coming from outside. "Please don't leave me out here!"  It sounded like father Gabriel. We all looked at the door. "How did he get out?" I asked as we all got up. Michonne wrapped Judith in a blanket and put her around her back with the carrier. "Help!" He called out again and started banging on the door. 

"Carl! Michonne!" He called out and kept banging on the door. We heard walkers outside too. he wasn't alone. "I had to see it! I know now! Let me live with it!" he called out. We ran to the front. "Wait!" Michonne called out. We tried taking the wooden plank off and Michonne broke it with the ax. 

Once we opened it Gabriel came in. Carl and I shot down walkers with our guns and Michonne took some out with her Katana. But there were too many. For some reason, Carl and I reached out for each other's hands and held them. He pulled me back and we backed away from them. "The Rectory! Go!" Gabriel called out. 

We ran and closed the door. We let go and i saw a hole on the floor. "That's how i got out. Crawl under to that back." He said as he blocked the door. Walkers tried getting through. "Take the little one and go." He said. Michonne handed Judith to Carl and he jumped down with her in his arms. "Hey- hey. You two wait for me." She said.

We nodded. Carl went first then i went, Michonne and Gabriel came out too. Gabriel had a bloody Machete. "I can't run anymore." gabriel said. "We're not running." Michonne said. We went back to the front and took down the walkers that were stuck on the poles. We shut the doors and planked it up, along with tying the doorknobs together with a belt. 

We were waiting outside, In front of the church. 

We couldn't leave, the other could be back. "Where'd you go?" Michonne asked walking up to Gabriel. "The school. I had to see. I had to know." He said. There was cracking ad nd we looked over to see the walkers started to break the pols. We took out our guns. "Where do we go?" Carl asked. 

We looked over once we heard an engine. We saw a fire truck. It was Abraham. They blocked the door, keeping the walkers from coming out. They all came out and i saw Glenn. I put my gun away and smiled going to him. I hugged him, He hugged back. "What happened? Why are you guys back already..?" I asked as we pulled away. 

"Eugene lied, he can't stop it. Washington isn't the end.. Where is everybody?" He asked as i hugged Maggie. We pulled away. "Beth's alive." Michonne said walking up to Maggie. I backed away. "She's in a hospital in Atlanta. Some people have her, but the other went to get her back." Michonne said holding her hands. 

"Do we know which one?" She asked in teats. "Grady memorial." She said letting Maggie go. She hugged Glenn and i smiled. "Let's blow this joint, let's go save your sister." Tara said. 

~~~

We ended up going to the hospital. we ended up getting Carol back but Beth was dead. Rick explained to us that there was a trade between some officers, they were going to trade them both for Carol and Beth but one of the officers fired and she was dead. 

A/N; Rip Beth Greene