Twenty-Six

Third Person's POV

After the camping, everyone swore that they will not do camping again, not literally the camping, but the hunting game. Namjoon received all the scolds and lectures, since it was his idea. He didn't fight back because he knew it was his fault, but his friends wasn't blaming him, he didn't know that it'll happen.

Lisa was back to her normal self again, the introvert Lisa. She seldom gets out of her room and hang out with her sister and Chaeyoung. Jisoo was taking good care of Lisa because she doesn't want to lose Lisa like that again.

Jennie was always with Jungkook, they're relationship was great. They weren't judged by anyone and they are thankful for that.

Lisa was sitting at her bench at the park in the middle of the night. She realized that her bench witnessed all of her happy moments and sad ones. She sometimes talk with it, she doesn't care if people will say she's nuts because her bench was there when no one was. Her bench was there when she wants someone to talk to when there was no one.

"It's good to be back." She smiled at the view. She lifted her head and was greeted by the twinkling stars. "I want a shooting star to pass." She chuckled. She rests her back at the backrest and closed her eyes. She enjoyed the noise coming from the people strolling the park. She thought about her life, how she became happy and sad. A life is a rollercoaster, she noted to herself. Lisa was thankful that she had overcome the obstacles that she faced in her life. She sometimes thought that how did she ended up like this? How did she won the challenges in her life? It was so unreal for her.

Lisa hummed a random tune while her eyes closed. Singing can calm her soul. She continued humming and was disturbed when she heard a familiar voice.

"Lisa?"

She cursed, she knew who the person was. How can she forget the angelic voice of the girl she loved? It's impossible.

She opened her eyes and saw a shy Jennie. It seems like they went on a flashback where she first met the brunette. "Yes?" She straightened her posture and gestured the brunette to sit down.

[Play: Malibu Nights by LANY]

"How's life?" Jennie asked. Lisa looked around. "Still life." She chuckled and glanced at Jennie. "You?" Lisa asked. "Busier than ever." Jennie replied. "We small talk, work and the weather." Lisa sang. Jennie chuckled, "Umm, Lisa?" She called the blonde. The girl stared at the brunette and hummed. "W-whether you like it o-or not, I'll tell you my s-side." Jennie said nervously and gulped. Lisa flinched at her words. Am I ready? Lisa asked herself. As much as she wanted to forget about the past, she needs to hear Jennie out.

"Yeah, I'm all ears." Lisa replied with a small smile. "It'll serve as our closure too." She added.

"Remember the day when you texted me that you're going to here earlier than the usual?" Jennie asked and the blonde nodded. "I was going h-home to New Zealand." Jennie said. "Home? What do you mean by that?" The blonde asked confused. "I'm not from Seoul Lisa, yes, I was born here but I grew up and lived in New Zealand." The othee girl replied. "But h-how did you came here?" The blonde was getting more confused. "Lisa, we were having a vacation that time that we met and hang out, it was a bad timing. We fell inlove at the wrong moment." Jennie started to sob. "That day, we flew back to New Zealand and continued living there. I swear Lisa I didn't have any energy to show up because I'm separated from you. I don't know what to do, Taehyung knew about us except for my parents. I was so selfish, I was being unfair. I was scared that what if Mom and Dad wouldn't accept our relationship. We continued our love story until the fifth month came. Lisa, I didn't know that he will come." Jennie paused and was unable to tell Lisa because she was choking.

"Before we became official, before we met, I already had him. He was my ex. We were together for almost 7 years but he cheated. I broke up with him. Months later, you happened. You came into my life and I forgot him. One day, when we we're in New Zealand, his mother came rushing in our house. She said that Jungkook was getting weaker and weaker. He wasn't eating his meal, he was sick because I left him. I pitied him. I still have conscience Lisa. Her mother begged me to be with his son again, I didn't said yes. I was thinking of you Lisa, I was thinking about us. I visited her, he was so weak. He was so slim. Then he promised me that he'll change. He--- "

"Wow, then what? You were fooled? You came back to him? What about me Jennie? I locked myself inside my room and didn't bother to eat my meal. I was also getting weaker and weaker day by day when we didn't communicate with each other. I was bothered, maybe you forgot about me or you had someone else. I thought I was the only one? What happened?" Lisa started to sob as well. She was disappointed.

"It wasn't just like that! I rejected him, I only love you! I told him that I have someone, and that's you. But guess what? He threatend me. He said that if I won't come back to him, he'll do something to you. He'll harm you and I don't want that to happen! I want you to be safe as always so I didn't thought twice and came back to him. I sacrificed us, Lisa. I love you and that won't change, I hope you understand." Jennie broke down remembering her days in New Zealand.

"You should've told me about it Jen, we'll fight together, right? You should've trust me, we can fix that together." Lisa sobbed as well and shooks her head.

They were both crying, both hurt.

"I've had enough of your explanation, I'm sorry but I gotta go. Do you still have some things to say?" Lisa managed to ask with her hoarse voice.

"I... still love you." Jennie replied back, almost a whisper.

Lisa didn't want to see Jennie in that state, broken. She doesn't want her to get hurt, but she was hurt too. Maybe she had to focus on fixing herself first. She hugged Jennie tight as the girl cried in her arms. They stayed in that position and Lisa broked the hug. She ran to their house and locked herself in the room, ignoring her completely worried sister.

She cried and cried until she didn't notice she fell asleep.