one

Park Jimin has always been quite fond of astronomy, finding himself admiring the inky skies past midnight as the moon played hide and seek with her clouds. He'd remembered begging his mother and father to move into the attic at twelve. Even at such a young age, the boy adored the way the bright stars light up the night skies.

The numbing wind slaps his cheeks a vivid shade of cerise as Jimin stares softly into the distance, his graphite smudged fingers dancing on the roof tiles. He'd been out in the cold for a few hours after the boy'd been dismissed earlier on. Jimin has too much time on his hands sometimes, and being on the rooftop like this sort of makes life go by just a little faster. It's his only escape from the world he desperately wishes just to leave behind. It's the only place where he doesn't feel suffocated.

As he finds his mind wandering off, thinking but not really thinking. Blank, but not quite blank. And because of his boredom, Jimin finds he is quite excellent at daydreaming. It does have its downsides sometimes, sometimes getting scolded for having his head up in the clouds most of the time. But like the rooftop, it's just another escape. Another way to feel free, even if it's just for a little bit.

Sighing, Jimin averts his wavering attention onto his discarded sketch, a drawing of the moon. Drawing is another one of Jimin's indulgences. You see, when you draw it's almost as if hours compress into mere minutes, and you're snatching for more time with both hands, a desperate need for just perfection in your craft settling deep inside your bones. Aside from admiring the skies and daydreaming endlessly, drawing is one of Jimin's greatest loves, that restrained fire igniting within him every time he grips a pencil.

And Jimin constantly found himself fondling with pencils and papers because his love for the skies were as infinite as the existence of the stars. He found himself drawing just about anything related to the cosmos, on his notebooks, his schoolwork, maybe even sometimes on his wallpaper.  Often the young boy would get scolded, but would whisper to himself, that the universe didn't have boundaries, so why should he?

The boundary condition of the universe is that it has no boundaries.

His pencil lingers over the paper for a split moment, sighing in aggravation due to the poor aid of light from his oil lamp. Jimin grits his teeth it goes out, obscuring his vision. The moon was his only solace now, eyes squinting as he adjusted to the dark of midnight. He's lucky he's drawn the moon one too many times than he wishes to admit, almost as if it's beauty was etched into the memory of his very fingertips.

Sixteen years ago the stars had aligned for his existence, though sometimes it felt as if a part of him still lingered in the constellations above.

"You dream too much, Jimin. I would say your head is constantly in the clouds though I believe that would be an understatement. Are you bored or am I too much of a bore?" Taehyung perched cross legged on Jimin's sheets, sighing absently.

"Dreaming is human nature. I cannot help if my mind is sifting through the interstellar matters of the universe, Taehyung. Sometimes I think my thoughts are alike stars, but unfathomable to arrange into constellations." Jimin's eyes never waver towards the former.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow and sighed once more, "Your obsession with the stars - sometimes I wonder if you'd be more content if you shone as the burning glory of the suns."

Taehyung doesn't see Jimin's small smile that twitched on the speckles of his lips, "You sigh more than the clusters of stars I see in the night skies."

"Park Jimin, you are the least down to Earth person I have ever met."

Jimin again stares out mindlessly into the celestial bodies of the sky, biting his chapped bottom lip. The stars were hostile to him today - merciless as the universe bestowed nothing but the wintry winds. Instinctively, the boy curls up in himself to counter the chill. He'd felt that hours disguised itself in the form of minutes; that only a moment ago Jimin had admired the orange and pink hues that coloured the skies at dusk.