thirty one

Jimin scrambles onto the rooftop, letting out something between a sigh of relief and a choked sob at the sight of Jungkook. He's never wanted to be in his arms more than he does right at this moment as he runs blindly towards him, eyes cloudy with tears. The older male almost loses his balance from the way Jimin just crashes into him.

Jungkook shushes Jimin as he brings his thumbs to his face, trying to wipe his tears away. But it doesn't do much because the boy just breaks out into another fit of sobs, more tears rolling down his cheeks. Jungkook's never seen Jimin cry like this.

"H-Hyung-" Jimin cries in his arms, Jungkook holding him protectively as he feels Jimin's tears against his neck. Jimin's clasping onto Jungkook tightly for support, as if Jungkook were the only stable thing in his life and if he left, everything else would come crashing down.

He feels stupidly helpless for clinging onto him like this, but he's so scared. He's never been this scared before.

"Hyung- my parents- they-" Jimin tries to say, but the second he thinks about it he feels like something breaks inside of him and he's crying again, barely able to speak through his tears.

And Jimin misses the way Jungkook squeezes his eyes shut and holds him closer, as if to mentally prepare himself for the words that are to escape his mouth. Jungkook hugs Jimin tight, almost as if he were to disappear if he let go of him.

Jungkook feels his throat close up at the sight of Jimin like this, crying helplessly in his arms. All he wants to do is hold Jimin and protect him from the world and tell him everything's alright.

But he can't, because it's not his place to do so, anymore.

"They're-They're trying to make-" Jimin lets out another loud sob before he can continue, and when he cries there's this rawness to it, almost as if his pain were an open wound that refused to ever heal. "They're t-trying to make me-"

Jimin can barely finish his sentence before he takes in a shaky breath, as if what he's about to say physically hurts him more than anything that's ever hurt before. And if you asked Jimin, he would say the pain he feels at this very moment feels all too real. Like it's tearing him slowly from the inside out and no amount of time could let his wounds heal.

Jimin looks back up at Jungkook slowly, eyes swollen and bloodshot under the moonlight. "They're trying to get m-me married, hyung-" Jimin croaks out. "They're f-forcing me to get married to this g-girl and-and I don't know what to do-" Jimin near screams, his frustration rolling down his cheeks endlessly.

Jimin watches as Jungkook inhales slowly, hands sliding down to grip Jimin's shoulders tightly. The look in Jungkook's eye hardens.

"You do know." Jungkook whispers slowly, watching the way Jimin's cries subside for a bit as he looks up at him. Broken.

"W-What do you mean?"

"You do know what you have to do, Jimin-ah." Jungkook groans exasperatingly. He looks pained. Jimin's lower lip begins to wobble when a small voice in his head tells him what Jungkook's getting at. But he won't believe it. He won't.

"H-Hyungie- what do you m-mean-" Jimin bawls, voice strained. Jimin sounds like he's being tortured, and on a second note, maybe he is. Jungkook tightens his grip on his shoulders, clenching his jaw. Jungkook looks like he's on the verge of tears.