ten

there are many more stars,
together we're flying,
it's never over.

-

Days passed by, repetitive. Sun hours were tainted in blurred greys, every minute an infinity. An eternity. Desperately, the small boy attempted to keep his eyes trained on the words that caressed the pages in front of him, though his mind refused to comprehend their dullness. Groaning, Jimin tosses the book at the foot of his bed, rolling his eyes.

Looking at the clock tick in all its monotony he sighs. Finding himself counting down the hours until the sun would hide and the stars would arise. Nights always seemed to cease in an instant, the cosmo's skies concealed by the greying clouds or cerulean blues.

The past few days had gone by at an abnormally slower rate than usual, the reason behind it - Jimin didn't want to admit. He'd tried everything for his mind to wander some galaxy else. Jimin had even resorted to asking his father if he needed help, only to receive an empathetic chuckle and an indistinct proud expression, and only to be told that he wouldn't have anything to do. Of course he did, despite the relentless nagging at Jimin not being able to contribute to his family.

He'd even tried to contact Taehyung, who'd commonly pester him to go on 'adventures' with him, which Jimin refused to admit that he enjoyed. On his way to his house, he'd only been confronted with his mother, who'd only told him that the bubbly male was hanging out with someone else. Of course.

In all his boredom, Jimin stands up, walking to the window. Hesitantly, he rests his head against the windowsill for a moment, grazing his fingers across the cold glass. Catching his fingers under the window, the male heaves open the window as he tumbles disheveled onto the rooftop.

Sighing, Jimin rests his head against the window. Biting his lip, the small male stares at the sky, just as he's done 1000 times. Smiling as the gleaming colours that darted across their blues. Reds, oranges, pinks. Being up in the skies, Jimin thinks, allows him to breathe. Weights and burdens lifted off his shoulders. Forgotten. He adores the feeling of being limitless and unbound. He isn't what he has to be anymore.

Allowing himself to fall apart, Jimin feels the soft breeze brushing his breathy clothing. Allowing him self to rest. Allowing himself to forget as his eyes flutter shut.

-

Stars. They're all Jimin can see. Their glamour, their lights that glitter against the darkness, and Jimin soon realises he's wandering in the universe's constellations.

Jimin grins as he floats, spinning around relentlessly as he watches their suns blur into a gleaming mess. The galaxy's stars pirouette in endless clusters around him.

In his awe, the small male wills himself closer to the stars, but irritatingly they move further away from him. Almost flinching at his touch. He finds they becoming smaller, smaller, indistinguishable. The boy just tilts his head at it, sighing as he turns away.

Instead, Jimin decides explore the sky's wonders, twisting in between their stars and racing with their planets. So overwhelmed with emotion, he cannot describe what he feels as he twirls in the galaxies. Overwhelmed with the universe's enchantment.

He would say he's lost in their stars. Though he's never felt more found

As the male swims through the stars, his attention is interrupted. In the corner of his eye, Jimin notices another male atop a blinding star. The boy sits so casually as he plays absentmindedly with something in the palms of his hands. Jimin realises his hair is as dark as the skies that envelope his body. Familiarity nudging at his being.