thirty two

thank u for 9k reads :DD

-

"Jungkook."

Jungkook ignores Yoongi, prodding the diminishing fire absentmindedly. Even under the dim moonlight, Yoongi could see Jungkook's eyes were bloodshot and swollen, and all he wants to do is comfort him but he doesn't quite know how, because he isn't quite used to giving affection as he is to receiving it. But Yoongi's never seen Jungkook cry, ever.

"Jungkook." Yoongi tries to say again, but Jungkook only sniffles and prods the fire harshly, jaw clenched.

"I don't feel like talking, hyung." Jungkook mumbles under his breath, voice cracking. Jungkook's in so much pain he doesn't quite know what to do, because all he can think of is Jimin.

Jimin always told him over and over again that he didn't know what he'd do without him, didn't think he could live without him. But as much as Jimin believed he needed Jungkook, the older male always needed Jimin so much more. He always wanted to be strong for Jimin, but Jungkook found he was the one that clung onto Jimin for support, because he was the only person steadied him in this world he hates too much.

Jimin had so much power over Jungkook, and he still does. He always will.

"They're trying to get m-me married, hyung-" Jimin croaked out. "They're f-forcing me to get married to this g-girl and-and I don't know what to do-"

Jungkook feels tears prickle his eyes for what felt like the a thousandth time that night. He'd been fearing this day for what feels like an eternity, and now that's finally happened he doesn't quite know what to think, what to feel. And maybe he just doesn't want to, anymore.

And when he'd heard those words, Jungkook swore on the stars his entire world stopped. He always thought everyone exaggerated when they'd said losing someone you love felt like a part of you detached itself and planted itself in the very person who'd walked out your life, and you'd never quite feel whole again unless they were yours again.

But now, Jungkook thinks they weren't exaggerating enough, because only now does he realise Jimin had been the reason for every feeling of happiness, of joy, or of any good thing that's ever happened to him.

And now that he isn't his anymore, Jungkook can't describe the feeling other than just feeling hollow. He feels so empty, but he also feels like he's breaking apart because of the never ending pain and now he doesn't know what to do.

Jungkook feels like the whole world's just lost to him, and no one could ever bring it back into focus again.

No one other than Jimin.

"You sure?" Yoongi asks tentatively, sighing when Jungkook prods the fire harshly in response. Jungkook tightens his hold on the stick when golden sparks jump out against the night like fairy dust.

"I like it when the fire does that." Jimin had whispered into the night, staring at the fire in awe. Jungkook swore he saw their golden specks in his wide eyes, and he'd looked so unreal he didn't understand how someone so beautiful could even exist.

Jungkook shakily inhales, not realising he'd lost grip on the stick and let it fall into the fire. Jungkook sniffles as he buries his head into his hands, trying to push the memory to the very back of his head. It's barely been a few hours and all Jungkook wants to go back, gather him in his arms and tell Jimin he loves him because he does. And way too much for his own good.