four

Knocks sound through the attic as Jimin groggily rubs his eyes, annoyance tugging at his heartstrings. Jimin quite frankly, did not like interrupted mornings, mostly preferring to sleep in until noon and the sun's high up in the skies.

"Yes?" Jimin answers groggily, voice just the slightest bit irritated. Just the slightest.

Jimin watches as the door slams open, a small shriek escaping his lips. Jimin thinks doesn't like sudden sounds, it always shaking Jimin to the very core. It may or may not be because they remind Jimin if outbursts of anger whenever he stepped a little out of line, or loud arguments echoing from downstairs in the middle of the night as he cried and rocked himself to sleep.

Jimin brushes it off when he sees Taehyung, sighing audibly in both annoyance and fondness. He doesn't know which emotion he feels more strongly right now, though.

Taehyung flops onto Jimin's sheets, back resting against his legs as Jimin aggressively kicks his body away. Taehyung feels the pain erupt in his lower back, throbbing beneath his skin.

"Did I wake you up again?" Taehyung scoffs, kneading his back awkwardly, muttering expressions of pain under his breath.

Jimin only snatches a pillow and covers it over his ears as Taehyung momentarily removes it off of him. "Why are you here? I swear if you forgot something I'm gonna bash your head in-"

"God Jimin, what is wrong with you lately!Taehyung laughs, and despite the playfulness Jimin can't help but gulp visibly, averting his gaze.

He tries hard not to think of messy notes and dark hair.

"I'm only here to ask you if you wanna to go to the park? Your parents aren't home." Taehyung smiles hopefully, and the sparkle in his eyes look like flecks of iridescent light glitter. They sparkle blindingly, Jimin cannot bring himself to deny him.

Jimin hopes that perhaps this would be the perfect chance to get his mind off the whirlwind of emotions that keep swirling through him over the past few days.

"How'd you even get in?" Jimin tenderly tilts his head to the left, aggravation drifting lost in the Jovian's hurricanes.

"Your parents were about to leave before I came, they told me they'll be out for a while." Taehyung grabs his wrist and digs his fingers into his skin, earning a whine from the latter. "Come on you can't just stay here like a fucking prisoner all the time." A small smile plays on the corners of his lips once more.

"We'll, no I'll get in trouble if we get caught, Taehyung." Jimin practically pouts, crossing his arms over his chest adorably. Taehyung only laughs haughtily and squeezes Jimin's cheeks, Jimin almost growling and pushing his hand away angrily.

"You are such in a bad mood lately." Taehyung rolls his eyes as he removes his hand, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Am not." Jimin answers, but Taehyung only scoffs in disbelief.

"Come with me, I know how to cheer you up."

"Yeah, how?"

"I'll get you ice-cream." Taehyung smirks when the expressions of irritation are completely wiped of his features as Jimin quickly sits up straight.

"Promise?"

-

Jimin sighing as he and Taehyung walk under the the trees, the leaves falling from their branches and kissing their hair. It's calming, and Jimin finally feels a little more at ease from all of the chaos that's been going on behind closed doors. Well, only slightly, because the sugary treat began to melt and trickle down his fingers.

"I hate it when ice-cream melts." Jimin practically glares at the ice cream, the stickiness in his finger another burden he has to worry about.

"That's why you gotta eat it quickly Jimin, stop kitten licking it and just, consume it. For example," Taehyung bites the saccharine confection, the cold of it striking his teeth. He laughs as Jimin tenderly pushes at his chest.

Jimin scoffs, wrinkling his nose when more of the incompetent stickiness drips further down his wrist. He watches as the those familiar stars glisten in his Taehyung's eyes once more as he feels a little nudge at his side, pointing over a small pond over the distance. Misty sunbeams glimmer over its benevolent waters.

"Do you want to feed the ducks with me?" Jimin's snatches his thoughts desperately and forces them to reality. Taehyung looks at Jimin, cocking his head slightly to the right, almost pouting when Jimin shakes his head tenderly in response.

"Later, I just need to finish this first." Jimin mellowly lifts up the ice cream as a gesture, breathing sighs of relief as the boy nods, giggling as the former tries so hard not to run to the waters.

Settling himself down on a bench, his eyes contemplate the view of Taehyung with his feet at the brink of the pond but never fully processing it, mind always seeming to wander somewhere else.

He can't help but recall messy handwriting and stolen drawings, a shiver running down his spine. But the shiver wasn't one that had your entire body stiffening and paralysing you beyond measure. It's an almost excited one, butterflies flapping wildly in his stomach.

He shouldn't feel so stupidly exhilarated every time he remembers flashes of dark hair running on the rooftops, spreading from his blushed cheeks to the tingles in his fingertips. But he can't help it, would you not too? If this single handed lyrics was the most thrilling thing that's ever happened in your life?

Thoughts of the dark haired boy can't help but imprint deep in his thoughts and Jimin also can't find himself to push them away, the sugary treat almost long forgotten.

-

Jimin's feet hang over the edge of the rooftop. Hours ago the ice cream had spilt on him in his daze, though not wanting to displease Taehyung he'd still fed the ducks with him, ignoring the the way his sweaty and sticky shirt cling onto him like a bugging itch that couldn't be reached.

"Are you sure you don't want to clean up? We can go back, if you want."

It's the late hours of dusk and the boy's staring at the blinking lights in the dark of the night, a subtle smile playing on his lips in pure content. Yet he finds hard to keep hold of his mind, his thoughts. The threads of his self control are fraying and falling apart.

He's waiting for something but he doesn't know what.

"Did I not tell you to get off my rooftop?"