sixteen

Stunned, the smaller male stands there exasperated out of his own mind, struggling to comprehend the mere three words that Jungkook just dared to utter. Trying to grasp the elder's intricacies was like trying to apprehend the complexity of the universe. "We- We what?"

Subtly, Jungkook raises an eyebrow, unmoved and alarmingly composed. Jimin thinks the stars really are in his favour; they gave him as much valour as they did beauty.

"We walk." Straightforwardly, the elder utters, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You're- You are playing with me, right?" The squeezes his eyes shut in his disbelief, burying his face in his hands. "Oh my god- I think I am going to have a headache."

Narrowing his eyes, Jungkook places his hands on his hips. "No. I'm not playing. You wanted to see where I lived, and this is the safest option to get there."

"This-" Sceptically, Jimin points at the rope. "A length of string- is your 'safer' option?" The younger male chuckles doubtfully under his breath, wondering if he really is crazed out of his own mind. He really does belong with the stars. "Hyung-"

"If you didn't want to come then you could've told me." Guilt plagues Jimin's heart when he hears the betrayal in his voice. "I should've told you it wasn't easy to come here." Jungkook sighs, eyes trained on the moon. "If you want we can go back. Doesn't seem like it's even midnight yet." Jungkook's voice seems to have softened, now gazing solemnly at Jimin as he manages to dredge up a half-smile.

"No I-" Regretfully, the former chews on his lower lip, the slightest pout playing on his lips. Hesitatingly, Jimin wanders towards the elder male, each step an eternity. When he does stand awkwardly in front of him, the smaller boy shifts uncomfortably on his feet, glancing at the elder before he inhales slowly, heavily. "I mean- but-"

Jungkook's staring at him now, attention trained on him. Jimin can't help but flush under his gaze, eyes wavering everywhere but his. Jungkook grabs his wrist momentarily before letting go, capturing the younger's attention as he finally the courage to look up into his eyes.

Enchanted, the smaller moves an inch closer to the Jungkook, tiny fingers grazing over the midnight male's wrist. "Are you sure it's safe?" The younger asks shyly, slightly tilting his head. Trying to break the dense atmosphere, Jimin laughs airily. "So we don't, you know, fall and die..."

Their tension never falters, it only seems to intensify when Jimin's fingers wander towards Jungkook's larger palm bashfully, examining his expressions. "You know I wouldn't have let you come with me if you were in danger, right?" Jungkook's voice is so soft it's somewhat comforting. Jimin lays his palm flat against Jungkook's calloused one.

"I know... but-"

"I asked if you trusted me. Do you?" Jungkook stares at the younger with such extremity every fibre in his living body is begging him to avert his gaze. But he doesn't. Fingertips edge their way from the rough of Jungkook's palm to the nooks in between his own. Expectantly, Jimin wonders if the Jungkook can hear his heart beat foolishly in his chest, and if his thoughts are written all over his expressions. If not, then thank the stars for the darkness of the night.

"I do." Jimin whispers a little too passionately. The heat in his voice causes Jungkook to raise an eyebrow.

Jimin blushes.

"I mean-" The younger's fingers are still lingering over Jungkook's, hesitant to interlace them as the smaller smiles shyly. "I trust you." Jimin's eyes are defiant.