eleven

"So it's true you came to my house to see me?" Taehyung asks, grinning. Abruptly, the former lets out a quiet yelp as the elder male timidly struck him on the shoulder. Jimin scoffs as he crosses his arms momentarily, almost childishly.

He watches as Jimin rolls his eyes, snatching a pillow in his arms. "Yeah, and you weren't even there." Jimin can't help the little pout that forms on his lips, and the jutting out of his lower lip. Yeah, he could be really childish sometimes. Only laughing at this, Taehyung seems to howl in amusement, chuckling sheepishly.

"Aw... little Jiminie is angry, isn't he?" Taehyung smirks, poking fun at the smaller male. The latter clenches his teeth and raises the pillow 'threateningly' over the crown of his head.

"Don't call me little, you jerk!" Attempting to intimidate, the star lover smacks the pillow across his face with as much force his small body can muster, though barely knocking the male who lay rooted and unmoving on the duvet.

"Okay Jimin, okay." Taehyung chuckles, elevating his hands in surrender in an attempt to get Jimin to calm down, who just narrowly stared at the former. "Why did you come anyway?"

"What do you think?" Sarcasm rolls off his tongue in comical waves of irony, eyes still narrowed. "I wanted to hang out with you, dumbass." Jimin snarls, kicking Taehyung in the knee nimbly.

"Pft." Taehyung glances at Jimin for a split second, shrugging. "Your entire family finds me annoying, always like... critically staring at me..." Jimin quirks an eyebrow, looking at the male with utter disbelief.

"And I don't?" Taehyung narrows his eyes this time round, Jimin only scoffing at this, playfully nudging the male. "They don't, they would've stopped me from meeting you ages ago, Tae." Jimin giggles when Taehyung's eyes are still narrowed, attempting to glare at him. "And I, was joking. What did my family have to do with this?"

Taehyung only shrugs at that in response, absently diving into Jimin's bed and allowing the soft sheets to envelope his frame. Jimin sniggers at this, mirroring his actions. Both boys gaze at the chalky ceiling, bland of any colour. "What's wrong with you, Tae?" The latter snickered once more, turning to face his best friend.

"Then what's wrong with you then, Min?"

Taehyung analyses Jimin with such ferocity the latter can't help but look away. Awkwardness barges in for a mere moment, Jimin crashing it down with a sudden smile. "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean."

-

"So you coming here is a normal thing now, Jungkook?" The smaller male interrogates, doe eyes glued to the stars that swam in the all-consuming darkness. He sat cross-legged, hands cupping his cheeks.

The midnight boy scoffs, settling down on to the rooftop as he hugged his knees. "You talk as if you don't wait for me every night, Park."

Almost shyly, Jimin mockingly chuckles at that, but turns away from the taller male in his embarrassment. The star lover clamps down on his lower lip, disregarding the pain. He desperately hopes that the darkness of midnight hides the gentle pinks that bloomed across his cheeks.

Jungkook had been regularly stopping at Jimin's rooftop for the past month, or as he says, his rooftop. And of course, the smaller male was always 'coincidently' there to meet him. Always consumed in the stars, the moon, or a book about the stars and moon. Jimin found that the taller male's presence seemed to comfort him. Darkness disappeared into hues of blues faster and the winds bitterness had gone into hiding. But that was of course due to the arrival of blooming flowers and coloured skies, right?

Nights were usually filled with endless exchange and nature's whispers. But sometimes, the duo wouldn't talk. But their silence was never uncomfortable, unpleasant. Jimin uses to think that silence was the result of wary connections and awkward tension. However it's absence seemed to be fulfilling; it was enough.

"W-What? No." Jimin curses at himself for stuttering, whispering under his breath. Hesitantly, he manages a quick glance at Jungkook. Of course he's smirking. Despite this, the midnight boy only hums in response despite the expression plastered across his face. Silence roams in the atmosphere for a while, loud in Jimin's ears.

"You're always here but yet, I feel like I don't know anything about you." Jimin thinks, or at least he thinks he thinks. The words splutter out of his mouth in his daze, not realising what he's saying until he's saying it. The smaller boy slaps a hand over his mouth at his second round of embarrassment today. Jimin mentally curses himself.

The taller doesn't seem to give much thought to it though, "You know my name's Jungkook. Isn't that enough?" He shrugs, eyes now directed at the smaller male.

Jimin thinks he's messed it all up already anyway, so why not edge further? "Uh- I-" Abruptly, the midnight boy's eyebrow raises, head slightly cocking to the side. "Well like, other stuff- like... your age, for instance?"

Finally, Jungkook's facing him properly now, eyebrows raised. "Why are you asking me this so suddenly?"

The smaller male chews on his bottom lip, closing up on himself to fight the abrupt bitter wind. Jimin smiles sheepishly - suddenly meek as he fiddles with his fingers. "It was... just a thought." The star lover glances down in his shyness. "You- you don't have to ans-"

"I'm seventeen." Abruptly, the midnight male interrupts. "I don't actually know my exact birthday... but it's somewhere around September. I know that."

Jimin tilts his head, trying to hide his smile at Jungkook's fast reply. "You don't know your birthday?" The small male squeaks out timidly, doe eyes wide.

Jungkook hums in response, unwanting to elaborate much further as he turns away from Jimin.

"You're older than me..." Jimin blurts out quietly, playing with his fingers once more. "I'm sixteen."

"Yeah? You have to call me hyung then." Jimin looks up to see Jungkook, once again, smirking. "Or would you rather call me oppa, Jimin?" Jungkook sniggers as the smaller male's cheeks heat up in embarrassment, face flushing unwillingly.

"Jungkook..."

"Hyung." The younger doesn't know how Jungkook had gotten so close, looming over the smaller male. Gaze dark and cryptic.

"Jungkook... hyung?" Jimin managed to whimper out, head still cocked to the side.

"Hm. Cute." Jungkook states, but his voice has dialled down a notch. Barely a whisper. Unexpectedly, the younger shudders when the elder male tilts his chin with his index finger. Warmth shot across Jimin's frame and butterflies ravaged in his abdomen as the midnight boy held his face, thumb stroking his cheek. Jimin tries not to whimper, but it spirals out of his mouth just like everything else does. The smaller bites his lip in embarrassment though Jungkook only smirks. "Cute."