five

The midnight boy slaps a hand across Jimin's mouth, whose mouth, quite understandably, was dropped open in both shock and a want to scream at the very top of his lungs.

"Don't you dare fucking scream, you'll awaken everybody." The boy says desperately, reluctantly removing his hand. Jimin's lips are still parted in shock, trying to restrain the urge of just pinching himself to assure himself that he really isn't dreaming. He also sort of wants to reach out and touch this boy to make sure he's actually real and standing in front of him.

But he refrains from it, because of the latter is correct Jimin reckons the aftermath of that would be very, very awkward.

"Y-You." Jimin is all he can say in his shock, feet cemented to the floor. Cursing himself for stuttering under his breath. God, he can't even say one damn thing without looking like a total fool.

The first thing Jimin notices about him is that this boy is just so abnormally tall and broad. Jimin isn't even that short, he's just got a little bit more of a daintier figure that makes him look a lot smaller than he really is. But this boy's shadow literally towers over him, Jimin looking almost tiny in comparison.

"M-Me?" He mocks, sporting a boyish grin. He chuckles at Jimin's scrunched nose and features, small hands balled into little fists. Jimin looks at the ground beneath him, scrunching his eyes for a moment.

Jimin finds the courage to peek at the boy, heart drumming in all its irregularity. His hair was the colour of midnight, and his eyes, for one, were those you never expected to see outside of dreams. He thinks it's devastatingly stunning.

"It's not y-your rooftop." Jimin cusses at himself for stumbling over his words. He watches as the boy laughs sarcastically. "They do not belong to anyone, just like the stars don't, or the skies."

"It is, I know it best. I've lived here for longer." The midnight haired boy snarls as watches Jimin suppress a giggle. "Don't laugh at me."

The boy sighs, "Look this is stupid. Stay off my rooftop."

"But it's not yours, this is my house-"

"You don't live on them do you? I don't want to-" He hesitates, sighing once more. "Just stay off them, Park Jimin." His glare is cold, sending goosebumps across the lengths of Jimin skin.

"How do you know my name?" Horror sparks across the features of Jimin's features, wanting to step away from the midnight haired boy, though his alarm roots his feet to the tiles.

The midnight boy shrugs nonchalantly "That's what that Taehyung boy calls you by." Jimin flinches at the harsh lilt of the inky haired boy's tone, biting his bottom lip. The star lover finds his eyes wavering towards the roof tiles once more.

"You know Taehyung?" Jimin asks, making out a raised eyebrow.

"No." The boy with hair as dark as midnight says. "Why are you asking me this?" The boy bear growls, crossing his hands over his chest. "I'm only coming here to tell you to say off my-"

"Please! Let me stay on it, I need it." His eyes are pleading, desperate. The midnight boy swears Jimin pouts. Maybe he thinks it's a little cute. "P-Please?" Jimin begs, looking up at the male with wide, pleading eyes.

The midnight boy looks unsure, quickly glancing down at the smaller male pouting rather adorably beneath him. The dark haired boy looks back down at him and gulps at the sight of Jimin looking at him desperately, eyelashes fluttering prettily. He has a soft spot for cute things.

And, the midnight boy finds he's giving up a little too quickly, pressing his hand across his forehead. "Fine! Just, don't go near the edge. You'll get me caught." The latter wrinkles his eyebrows at the mention of the word caught, but lets out the biggest grin that reaches to the very crinkles in his eyes.

"Thank you!" He squeaks, bouncing on the balls of his feet. "What's your name?" Jimin asks excitedly, gently tilting his head left as he dares to inch closer towards the boy. The midnight haired male gazes at the boy's face below him, doe eyes wide and stardust glittering in his eyes. Hopefulness and interest lurks in the depths of his eyes. "You know mine." Jimin tilts his head right at the boy's chortle, furrowing his brows as the male moves an eternity away from him.

"Does it matter? Don't you want something more valuable? I think it's rather pretty." Previously rolled into a scroll, the boy unfolds the crinkled sketch flawlessly. He plays around with Jimin's sketch, wavering it in the air, allowing the moon's stolen light to illuminate the edges of the paper. He enjoys the way Jimin's eyes widen at the view of his precious drawing.

"How did you- why did-" Jimin shifts closer, huffing in annoyance as the boy moves away from him.

"Give it back, I spent so much time on it, please." Jimin grits his teeth as the dusk haired boy backs away swiftly as he'd tried to lunge for it - and in slight fear Jimin peers down. He notices that the other is at the very edge of the rooftop, his feet alarmingly close to tumbling off. He glances back up to meet the boy's eyes, smirk cemented across his lips. "Please- Please-"

"Oh yeah? Then come and get it." The familiarity of the phrase tugs at Jimin's heartstrings. He wavers the drawing in the starlit skies once more, smiling. The boy leaves nimbly as fast as he'd arrived. For a split moment, Jimin watches in utter awe as the former leaps effortlessly between the rooftops, hesitation in-evident as his pace.

Jimin attempts to follow, holding breathes hostage as he clumsily jumps over the gaps between the buildings. Scuttling across rooftops was not the same as running across the pavements, slates unstable and slippery. He tries to match the shadow boy's pace with chafed soles and bleeding feet, only to come to a realisation the boy had left faster than a star plummeting through the infinite meadows of the cosmos.

He'd left Jimin with a heart beating double time once more, and shades of carmine painting on the canvases of his limbs.