Chapter 1. First we met - Pt. 1

"It's the first day of school I wanna get there early." Joey heard her sister said while she was approaching with a big mug full of black tea.

"We will be there early, I promise" Her mother replied.

The three Gilmore were at Luke's early that morning. Joey rambled to her seat as her sister continued.
"I have different classes this year, my routes aren't the same. I haven't found the quickest path around. And my locker, they've moved it, so I don't even know if it'll work properly, and I'll have to get a new one and God knows how long that'll take, or where it'll be, and that could send all the day into a chaos." She was rumbling so fast, obviously both, nervous and anxious about this first day, poor Rory Gilmore, and all the answer she got from her mother was a simple sarcastic smile, oh but her sister.

"Just stop rambling, my brain can't even take this." She find it very funny and entertaining seeing her sister in that state, she always enjoyed it until it got worse.

"Well I'm sorry for my so complicated problems." Rory spoke again, smiling. Her sister just ignoring it, and adding to the cause after another sip on her tea.

"Lord, school sounds even more awful every year, it's like it keeps getting worse."

"Well it does, actually." Lorelai Gilmore spoke up this time.

"It doesn't," the other added. "you just have more responsibilities and less time."

"Oh! Good. That's calming." The younger twin said sarcastically. "I'm just thanking the gods that I don't have to go through that hell-wannabe."

"I only wish" The other twin said, gaining a killing gaze from her sister, and an eye roll from their knowing mother.

"Uh-huh. Sure. Keep wishing, honey. You'll regret it." Joey stood up carrying her mug over to the counter.
In that moment Lane arrives to the table with the two other Gilmore's.

"Lucas I think I'm gonna work half a day today..." Luke turned around to face the youngest Gilmore who was leaning over the counter, giving her a raised eyebrow knowing best. "Or maybe not at all..."

Luke approaches her with a big sight. "Look, we already talked about this, it's not a full time job..." He stoped himself "Nor a part time earthier." He decided to add taking notice. "You just come and help me out whenever you feel... I don't know. Whatever you call it, bored? useless? Whatever. Just feel free to choose kid."

"Thanks, Luke."

In the meantime a group of Boy Scouts kids had come in, leaded by no other than Taylor, undecided on whatever they wanted to eat. "I want mine crispy too" Some added, "But you didn't order fries." And that was the girls cue to leave, wishing good luck to her sister and friend, she went out the door childishly through the street to the bus stop, getting in the one just leaving, through the back door without paying, of course the bus driver saw her but didn't even bothered since being so used to it.

Luke was in the middle of an unwanted talking so as soon as the phone rang he took the opportunity right away if it meant no more bothering.
"Yeah, I'm working. What do you think I'm doing?...Uh-huh. Uh-huh...Oh, man. W-what did you do?" He was speaking to the phone while the others listened and Lorelai took the opportunity for donuts. "Excuse me? Are you serious?" The kids ranting about the woman's wrong behavior. "This is unbelievable! You will never change, will you?" Luke shouted obviously mad at the phone and the others froze in place. "Okay, fine... Do what you want. Make the arrangements. Now, I'm working. We'll finish this later..." And he abruptly hanged on the phone.