Pt. 16

Hey
So here's another part.
Okay so I played with the
timeline of two episodes
to spice things up.
Hope you like it.
Enjoy

***

Ever since the accident, everyone that got in a conversation whit Joey they would bring up the cast on her left wrist or the stitches on her cheekbone and end up blaming it all on Jess. No matter what she said, no matter if she lied, it would always be the boy for them. "He's a bad influence." "He's trouble." That was all she heard. And of course, she hated it, and she felt absolutely awful for it. She missed the boy, and wether he wanted to go or not she felt it was her fault.
Besides that, was her mother, worrying about her well-being all the time, constantly, 24/7. And it started to get irritating.

Adding at everything that was already happening, Luke's was close. A 'gone fishing' handwritten cardboard sign hung on the door. All curtains closed. Luke's was close. Of course the twins thought it was due to the fight him and Lorelai had the night of the accident, which her mother refused to talk about. So they had to adjust to the circumstances and eat somewhere else, which totally sucked.

Rory convinced her mother to let her skip Friday dinner claiming that Dean was coming back and she wanted to be there so he would hear it first from her. They ended up deciding that just Lorelai would go to dinner, Joey was gonna stay home which was for the better, wanting to avoid the whole 'why-Joey's-in-a-cast' situation.

Lorelai ended up saying that they got the flu, and Rory's meeting with Dean went pretty good considering that he didn't freaked out, he was just happy that they boy went away. Of course he was sad about the car, but he was impressively calm, without asking questions. He wasn't mad at Joey either being weird giving that they still weren't in good terms.

It turned out that the new store in town was in fact a music store, and over exited Lane and Joey wondered off to it a few times whenever they had the chance. Admiring all the beautiful instruments. Where Lane discovered that she was destined to be a drummer, which Joey totally agreed to it and offered to teach her, that was, of course, if they somehow could get a drum set first.

Rory had talked to her grandparents about Lorelai's graduation and her wanting them to be there. They didn't agree or disagree, just said they would see what they do.

***

The Gilmore girls where all getting ready for Richard's work party and at the same time having a little celebration about Lorelai's graduation giving it was the next day. Walking fast around the ground floor when the phone rang Rory went to pick it up.

"It's for you." She loudly said over the music making the other two turn to her. Joey from the other one room and Lorelai from her position in the couch. "It's for you." She repeated turning to her sister. Joey frowned and went over, taking the phone.

"Hello?" She frowned.

"Hey." Was heard from the other side. Joey recognized the voice instantly and immediately tensed up. Her eyes widened as she didn't respond. "Hello?" Jess asked, he was on a payphone.

"Hi." She greeted again, nervous.

"Is this a bad time?"

"Um, no." She insecurely confirmed. It kinda was, they were rushing. "Just hold on a sec." She held the phone away from her ear. "Um, the music- I'll be right back." She excused herself going outside. "Hey." Again she greeted after taking a big breath of courage right after closing the front door.

"You said that already."

"I did. You're right. And maybe I'll say it again. Hi." The boy smiled at the girl's personality.