Pt. 18

"Hey, we need to get off." Jess slightly got Joey awake after the metro got to its final stop. The girl rubbed her eyes slightly with the back of her hand. "C'mon." He guided her up and out of the wagon by the waist, nodding to the guard outside waiting for them to get out who had woken Jess first, telling that they had to get out.

"'Time is it?" Joey softly spoke with a sleepy voice that made the boy's heart swell in cuteness.

"About four." They were going up the steps, the streets not as empty as they thought would be.

"When did time fly by?" She joked.

"While we were asleep." He smiled at her.

"It was a great sleep."

"It was?" He frowned looking at the girl, bit none the less, still smiling. "We were sitting on a train."

"I swear I haven't slept that well in ages." The boy smiled at her again.

"I'm glad you did then."

They started walking with no direction in particular, for blocks and on with no end. They stayed silent most of the time. It wasn't very comfortable, but they still didn't know what to say.

"Oh my god, I have no shoes on!" Joey exclaimed when she looked down to her feet.

"What?!" Jess looked down. "You have no shoes on."

"I can't believe I have no shoes on. I left them on the metro." She started laughing which catched the boy by surprise.

"How can you forget your shoes? Or even worse, how did you just now realized you have no shoes on?" He tried to be serious but a chuckle scaped his mouth at the girl's laughter.

"I don't know." She giggled.

"Do your feet hurt?"

"Actually, they are better without those shoes. I'm kinda glad I left them in the train to be honest. Now I never have to wear them again."

"Do you at least want mine?" He was shocked at the girl's funny and not concerned state.

"What?! No. Besides, I love being barefoot."

"God, you're so weird." He smirked at her.

"Thanks." She smirked back and continued looking forward. The boy's eyes were on the girl the whole time as she wandered around, mesmerized by the city.

Without questioning they made their way to a bench on a park they passed by. As soon as the boy accommodated in his place the girl leaned down. Laying her head on the boy's lap, put her feet up on the bench, bending her knees, and looked up to the city sky, ignoring his gaze. "God, I love the city."

"Why?"

"Don't know." She shrugged. "I think it's mysterious." She smiled and the boy did too. "It's amazing how many people live here, stocked in flats, and they go to work to other flats, to then make money and take a vacation to a big flat in the coast."

"I'm guessing you don't like flats."

"I don't know if I don't like flats. It's just- I can't imagine living in one. Walkin' out the front door and having to go to the elevator and then through another door to get outside instead of just being able even to walk out the window." She rambled while he admired her. "And they still have to walk to a park to have some green!"

"Country girl." He chuckled.

"Maybe." A few seconds passed in silence.

"So you walk out the window?" He looked down on her still.