Teach Me Tonight Pt. 2

"At least now we have something fun to do tonight." Lorelai said referring to the home-made movie Kirk had put together.

"You're not watchin' that without me."

"Don't worry, I'll try to keep her hands off of it." Rory said to her sister.

"So, um-- ooh, do you wanna get some pie?" Lorelai shyly asked her younger daughter.

Things still weren't the same as before their little fight a few days ago. Of course they've talk and all, but even less than before. Joey has successfully avoided telling her mother about her personal life in the past days, not that she usually did so, but in anyways she didn't do much, avoiding most of socialization.
She hasn't seen the boy since that night. She spotted him walking in the night after she stormed out of Luke's, he had his head deep inside a book, he looked so mysterious and it felt as if a force was calling out to her but she repressed the thought of going up to him not wanting him to see her in that slinky state.

"No, I'm full."

"But you love pie." She protested and the other one just flattened her lips. "Coffee? How 'bout some coffee?"

"I'm good."

"Hot chocolate?" She kept insisting trying to stay with here a while longer. Rory rolled her eyes at her mom's behavior.

"No, thanks." She smiled.

"Egg cream? Now I never had an egg cream, but it sounds just disgusting enough to be fabulous."

"We're just going to study." She softly reminded her, annoyed.

"I know." Lorelai said sighing.

"And we'll be right here doing it."

"I know." She looked down.

"So all this stalling is completely unnecessary."

"I know." She repeated once again.

"So go." Protesting demanded.

"I will." Lorelai picked up her cup. "Just finishing up the coffee that I paid for already."

"Mom." Rory song-singed hurrying her.

"Alright, that's enough. I'm going. Goodbye." She stood up and picked her things doing it very slowly, Rory following.

"Hey, teach..." Jess suddenly appeared from the staircase making the three turn.

He wasn't keen to the fact that Luke was setting him up with a tutor, he hated the idea. But when he later informed that it would be Joey of course he didn't opposed to it. He surely didn't show his interest to anyone but he has been all day really looking forward for the night.

"Hey." She smiled back trying not to make it seem as she was really exited.

"You guys done yet?" He approached the table.

"Just not yet." Lorelai coldly spoke making the two girls turn at her with a frown each.

"Okay. Well, I'll be right over there when you are." He pointed at the counter. "Just can't wait for that learning to begin. Hey, are we gonna do one of those "Schoolhouse Rock!" songs?"

"I'll be right there Jess." The younger one said through gritted teeth wanting to avoid a discussion with her mother about the sarcasm.

"Cause they say if you just make learning fun..." Jess trailed on.

"Give us a minute, okay." Lorelai faked a smile.

"Well, hurry. A mind's a terrible thing to waste." And finally he went away to wait.