Pt. 10 2/2

They finished looking around and the young couple, after a little discussion on what to do, decided to go see yet again "The Lord of the Rings" and then proceed with some uninteresting things for the other left behind to hear. Joey made her way back home whit her and Rory's books in a bag and entered the house with a big thud.

"Mom!" She screamed. Lorelai was sitting at the kitchen table doing small talk with Jess while they had Chinese leftover lunch. After debating with herself, Lorelai decided to invite the boy to eat, who at first refused, but after thinking on his previous talk with Joey he accepted the offer. Both startled turned around at the shout.

"Here! Right here! What?" She stood up and went over to the front door.

"Mom!" She said calmer this time.

"What's going on?"

"I don't know where it is." She was searching the jacket's pockets.

"Where what is?"

"My necklace. It's gone."

"What are you talking about?"

"How could I loose it?" She went to check under the cushions.

"Baby, which necklace? Maybe a stole it from you."

"Matthew's necklace." Jess has poked out from the kitchen looking at the two Gilmores, without being noticed. Matthew? He thought. Who the fuck is Matthew?

"I doubt I would stole it."

"Exactly."

"It's gone? Where?"

"I don't know where, that's the problem. If I knew where, I wouldn't be searchin' for it."

"When did you realized it was gone?"

"When I couldn't find it." Lorelai gave her a serious glare. "This mornin'. Just before I went out with Rory. It's not here!"

"Okay, lets retrace your steps." She tried to calm her daughter. "Where was the last time you remember wearing it?"

"Um... I don't know." She could not believe herself.

"Think hard." Lorelai couldn't believe it either.

"I don't know"

"Yesterday?"

"I don't know." Jess went over the back door to continue his work, he was pretty concerned by the girl's worry.

"The day before?"

"I don't know."

"The day before that?"

"Yeah."

"Really?"

"No." Lorelai gave her a serious look again. "But-"

"But what?" She interrupted anxiously.

"Well, if you'd let me finish." She glared at her mother. "I remember the last time I put it on."

"When?"

"The bidding day. I showered, I change and I grabbed it from my nightstand- where it usually is if I take it off- and I put it on."

"And it's not there?"

"No. I don't even remember taking it off." She sighed giving a frustrated turn. "I lost it. I can't believe I lost it."

"Honey, calm down." She grabbed her shoulders. "It probably fell off. We'll find it." Joey sighed again. "Did you check on Rory's room?"

"No." She started going that way.