Pt.7

The five, Luke, Lorelai, Mia, Rory and Joey where entering the town meeting when suddenly everyone shut down and turned around to look at the new comers, Luke had been informed that the meeting started 8:00 but it was 2' to eight and everyone was there. The youngest Gilmore hated town meetings, she normally didn't went to them, but for some reason she was there.

"What's going on here?" Luke screamed, clearly annoyed.
"Uh, nothing."
"The meeting was supposed to start at 8:00 Taylor," He watched at his watch. "it's two minutes to eight."
"Well..." "Oh, you might as well be honest with him, Taylor." Miss Patty suggested from her sitting place.
"Be honest about what?" Lorelai was now the one shouting annoyed.
"Well, if you must know, there was a special issue that the Business Community had to deal with first, so we decided to start early tonight."
"I'm in the Business Community, and I wasn't told about it." Luke exclaimed and the people started murmuring. "Taylor?"
"Alright, fine! You weren't invited, Luke!" He shouted tired of the rambling. Oh how Joey didn't like one bit of this guy, specifically his annoying voice. She had regretted entering there, and she remembered why she never went there. But she surly wanted to know what was going on.
"And why is that?" " You weren't invited because we're dealing with the Jess situation." "The Jess situation? Damnit Taylor."
"Luke, honey, calm down." Patty stated.
"After all, this is all your doing." By now the ladies sat down on four chairs, Joey bein next to the walk-path. "If you hadn't so cavalierly dismissed the issue, we wouldn't have to do this. I lost business because of what your hooligan nephew did."

After that was said Joey kind of blacked out, she hated discussions in general, but Taylor bugging Luke about his nephew was something else. But even though she was zoned out, listening to some music playing inside her head, of course she catch all that was said. She never considered the option of leaving, she felt like being there, she didn't wanted Luke to feel bad, to be shouted at.
So after talk about lettuce, and people complaining about what Jess supposedly did, Luke was done whit all this.
"Look, I've lived in this town my entire life, longer than most of everybody here. I've never bothered anyone, I've kept to myself, and I've done the best I could. I pay my taxes, and I help people when I can. I haven't pitched in on the decorative, pageantry town stuff 'cause it all seems insane to me, but I don't get in the way of that stuff either." He angryly finished.

"What's your point, Luke?"
And now Joey was the one done with all this stuff. She could see her mother was about to jump in, but she hurried up and did it before her.
"His point is-- you mind?" She jumped up. "Be my guest."
"His point is that, well I won't really speak for him... but the thing is, this isn't the right way to deal with it. You're all being completely dismissive about all the great stuff Luke has done for all of us, and what you're all doing completely stinks. Give him time to deal with the issue, wich you can't just be calling it an issue, it's a human been for Lord's sake. Have you cansider that maybe something has to be wrong for him to be the way he is? and besides that, he is not a bad person... But.. Back to the point, Luke is not the bad person here either, it's you, so give him and his nephew time to adjust to the new situation. And maybe we can all help deal with it, instead of just complain, do something, people." Everyone was silent listening to the girl loudly talk.

"I'm done here. I'm done with all of you. Oh, and, I was gonna stay open later in case anyone wanted to eat after the meeting. Forget that." And with that, Luke went out the door, and the crowd started murmuring again.

***

Weirdly enough Joey was standing out of Doose's market, her sister a few feet apart, Dean was inside collecting his paycheck, the girls waiting for him. Joey wasn't one to hang out with them, of course she felt like a third wheel.