Pt. 17

On the bus ride she was very anxious. Oh, boy, how she missed him. She never thought she would do anything like this. Not telling her mom about were she was going was usual. But lie to her about it and going to see a boy she hates was clearly a few levels up. But she was content with it.

As soon as she got out of the bus, she didn't hesitate on grabbing a pamphlet map displayed in the station and going out to find the park by herself, knowing that people were most likely going to ignore her or not be of much help as they were always rushing on the city.

So, yeah, she wasn't sure if the boy would be there specially being night time, but it was the only option she had. When she arrived she got nervous as realized that she had actually came here to see him and eventually that was what she would do. She rounded the park for about half an hour, even thought wasn't big. Her legs never became tired thanks to the anxiousness, she really wanted to see him. But after hesitating about it, she decided that her bad luck won't turn to better and that she'll not find him. So turning around to go she spotted a black-haired head in a bench, of course she couldn't see if it was in fact him, but she just got the feeling and started walking over to the person.

"Joey?" Someone called at her back. She froze in place and slowly turned around.

"Hi." She sighed out hesitantly in place. Looking up at Jess with wide shinny eyes, she didn't move not knowing really what to do.

"How you doin'?" He smirked at the girl's shocked face even though he was the one shocked. Now that she's with him she doesn't know what to do.

"Good." She shortly responded still looking at him in the eyes. "How 'bout you?" She continued after a second, realizing she hadn't.

"Good." Nodded without stopping smirking at the cute frame of the girl who stood shorter than him, looking as if she was in front of her biggest idol and didn't know how to act. After a non spoken seconds he spoke again. "You hungry?"

"Starved." She quickly spoke looking at her hands were she was playing with her fingers and then up at him again, seeing he was still staring with soft smiling eyes.

"I know a place." He nodded and started moving backwards. The girl just stood there unaware of what to do. "You coming?" He chuckled as she started slowly jogging to his side.

Neither of them  spoke on the way to the 24 hour diner that was just a couple of blocks away from the park. She walked slightly behind him, looking around but mostly at her feet. At some point she rose her gaze up and spotted the boy slightly eyeing her over his shoulder and when he noticed he send a smirk her way, which she awkwardly returned with blushed cheeks and turning away. He chuckled to himself and continued walking thinking about this craziness that was going on. He sure didn't expected it, specially after sensing the girl getting nervous on the phone earlier. She had really tried her luck on finding him and he liked that. He highly doubted that Lorelai knew her daughter was here because of course she wouldn't let her, and he liked that too, but really didn't wanted to put her in trouble again. Last time he did so he ended up being away from her and hated it. He still and forever will blame himself for the accident.

Joey suddenly stumbled back after colliding with Jess' side. He held out his right arm and catched her's, stabilizing her. She blinked a few times  and looked up at him, standing less than a foot apart.

"We're here." He announced holding the door open with his left hand for the girl. She looked to her right then back at Jess who let go of her arm and waited for her to enter first before going in, letting go of the door, closing behind him.

Joey stood facing the counter before looking to both sides without moving, waiting for the boy to pick a direction.  He lightly grabbed her sides by the waist and started guiding her to their  left but she shimmered out of his grip walking in front of him. She sat at a booth by the window and Jess sat facing her. He looked at her while Joey looked outside as the streets began to empty. He was smiling at the sight, her face light up with the neon sign, when the waiter welcomed them and handed menus. The girl without really realizing took the opportunity and hid behind it making the boy shake his head with a chuckle.
Joey wondered her eyes over the different listed dishes. She was so nervous that she couldn't even look at him. She was slightly regretting going there and wondering what had got into her as they just sat in an awkward silence, but just for her, since Jess was enjoying every second of it.