Pt. 8

"Oh, man. It's such a relief to have that Sookie thing fixed." Spoke Lorelai to her daughters. The three were sitting in a table near the door on Luke's, eating their breakfast before they'll eventually part their ways. Rory was ready for school, Lorelai would go work in the Inn and Joey would take the next shift after Jess was gone of for school.

"I know, I hate fighting with friends." Rory was one to speak now, sitting in front of her mother.
"That's what enemies are for." Joey added sitting between them, facing the counter.
"God knows we have our share of those."
"People who eat crunchy food with their mouths open." Added their mother.
"People who dog-ear library books." Complained the older twin.
"People who spit when they talk."
"Oh, gross! You got me in the eye!" Rory complained to her mother.
"I did not." "You totally did." "Your a full of it."

"Luke, where's my toast?" Joey jumped in between the discussion speaking loud.
"It's gonna take a while. My big toaster's broken, so I got stuck whit just this dinky one." He pointed to one tinny withe toaster.
Jess, who was just cleaning the counter next to his uncle, when hearing this, pushed down the bigger toaster's lever as if to make bread, pulled it back up, and it worked. Luke who was just finishing his sentence looked at him amused. "How'd that happen?" He then pushed down and buck up the lever mesmerized.
"You're gonna break that." Jess lectured him.
"It was broken before." He justified.
"Well it must've got better." "Inanimate objects don't usually get better. Did you fixed this?" He looked at his nephew.
"Please." Was his reply. "Jess." Spoke his uncle back.
"I have no idea what you're babbling about. I don't fix things." He looked defying at him.
"But yesterday--" Luke started but couldn't finish.
"I got school." Said the teenager and went off the counter, picking up his book and his jacket on his way to the door. When he was opening it he looked to his left to look at Joey and found her already looking at him. He gave him a good look and a slight smile. The girl found herself smiling and thought about the boy's words and the boy's actions, happy for what he did, even if he didn't admit it.

She just continued eating her breakfast with her mother and sister, and when it was time, they parted ways and she stayed at the dinner, and tied her red apron on her waist, pinned her hair out of her face and started working but this time it was different, she was thinking of the boy.

***

Rory had noticed the little but lovely interact between the two in the dinner, and she loved every second of it. Every time something like this happened, she would get so exited. She saw the way the boy's eyes shines when he looks at her sister, and she was truly happy for that, she was happy that was happening to her sister. Although he didn't fully liked the boy's attitude. She didn't understand why did he had to act like that, so toughs, like he didn't care about anything. Did he really didn't care, or was he just pretending? Anyways.
Happy about the boy's liking of her sister, she didn't saw the same thing in Joey's eyes. Like if she didn't noticed the boy's interest, and of course she didn't. And besides, she didn't even cares about that type of thins: boyfriends, relationships, etc. But Rory was sure at one point she will, and she knew that the boy was gonna be the point.

***

When it was lunch time Joey ate something at Luke's and then went out to entertain herself, but every time she started doing something she got easily distracted, but didn't know why. It was common for her to get distracted, it was one of her things, she couldn't stay with just one thing and she was some part restless. But when she was doing things she actually enjoyed, this would completely go away.
But not this time, for some reason. She couldn't found the cause of the slight distraction and decided to give it no matter.

***

Sorry for the short chapter,
just a little fill-in with a scene I really like.
Hope you're all enjoying it,
and if it's so maybe leave a vote y'know.
Thanks for reading, and I will continue to publish of course if you'll like.
Later.