Pt. 13

"So, Paris looked a little green this morning."Lorelai commented. The three Gilmores were sitting at Luke's. Still in reparation, there were lots of people standing, waiting for a seat to free up. Of course this made Joey uncomfortable, people were standing to close to their table, watching how she ate.

"Yeah, she got a sugar-crab hangover of monumental proportions."

"People don't realize it, but it takes years of training to be able to eat like us." Lorelai assured, raising an eyebrow.

"Don't I know it." Both twins said at the same time, looking down at their empty plates.

"So, what's on the agenda for today?" Their mother got comfortable in the chair, as if waiting for gossip.

"Let's see..."Rory started. "Dean, Dean, and, oh, did I mention Dean?" Joey rolled her eyes.

"Wow, he must've been crazy mad last night." 

"I'd say that was a fair assessment."

"Rory, not to be mean or anything but, why are you still dating this guy?" Rory rolled her eyes at her sister.

"What about you?" Lorelai asked.

"What about me?" She jumped, not understanding the actual question, thinking that she was talking about is she was dating or something of the matter. Las night she felt the urge to go after the boy and talk to him about what happened, or maybe just talk. But of course repressed it after debating with herself. Lorelai frowned.

"Agenda for the day..." The older twin explained trailing off, knowing that her sister was probably thinking of the guy.

"Oh- Sure." She wasn't answering the question yet. Not that she was avoiding it, just simply had her mind somewhere else. She smiled at her mother.

"I gotta get to the inn." Lorelai spoke trying to ignore the situation, still frowning at her daughter's behavior.

"Okay, well, I'm probably gonna have dinner with Dean."

"Yeah, maybe I'll ask Luke for a cheeseburger." Joey said, both mother and sister knowing that meant she would wander around town late.

"I'll have the house to myself tonight. Life's funny, isn't it?" 

"I simply can not stop laughing." Rory said over dramatically.

"I'll get the check." Joey said, taking advantage to thank Luke. She stood up and went over to the counter, leaning on it. "Hey, Lucas." She spotted Jess behind him, who looked up to the girl.

"What? You find a nail in your food? I swear to God." He angrily spoke. "Tom, you are dead. You hear me? Dead!" He shouted.

"There's nothing wrong with the food Luke." She smiled at the situation.

"Oh. Sorry, Tom." He shouted again.

"I just wanted to thank you."

"Yeah. For what?"

"For the care package." She sweetly said. The boy snapped his head up, wide eyed. "It was really sweet of you." He quickly put the book away in his back pocket.

"What care package?" Luke frowned.

"Hey, Luke, I think they hit the water line again." He excused as a distraction.

"Ugh. What? Tom, you're dead. You hear me? Dead!" He walked away. The girl stood blanked, thinking., while Jess approached the counter, standing in front of the girl.

"Huh. Interesting." She leaned in.

"Hey, you wanna pay?" He was flipping through the notepad.

"I don't think Luke knew anything about the food last night."