Pt. 10 1/2

"Hey Luke." The twins said entering the dinner. It was night time and they were on the street getting some movies and ice cream for the movie night. Lorelai was sitting next to Luke in front of the mini TV, lecturing him about how it wasn't good to live in that small apartment.

"Joey, Rory.  Perfect. Get her out of here."

"But, Uh, Okay, fine. I'm leaving." She said standing up. "Think about what I said."

"Oh, hey. You ever hire anybody to do that work for you?" He turned stopping the girls.

"What?"

"The rain gutters?"

"Oh, no, not yet. Are you offering?" She raised her eyebrows to the man.

"No, actually, I was thinking about Jess."

"Uh. Jess?" Lorelai was caught of guard.

"Yeah. He's always looking for a little extra cash. He doesn't make that much here and, you know, I hate to think where else he'd try to get it, so." The other too girls where looking closely.

"Huh."

"I mean you don't have to pay him the same as you would someone else. You save a little. He keeps busy." He excused.

"Yeah, well, maybe. I actually have to check with a couple of people that I'm supposed to hear from, but if they can't do it, then, sure." She lied, not really wanting the kid to work on her house.

"Great .Just let me know." He nodded.

"I will." She smiled way too much. "Bye."

The girls went out the door and Luke was satisfied that he asked.

"So, who are all these people you asked to clean out our gutters?" Joey asked as they stared walking back home.

"Oh, well. You know."

"We do?" This time Rory asked.

 "S- Yeah."

"Remind us."

"Okay, well there's Syd."

"Oh, Syd, right." The girls nodded.

"And then there's Lou."

"Yeah, a good man, Lou."

"Oh, and also Moose. That is if Doris will let him out of the house again, you know, after that incident at Chicky's bachelor party."

"I thought you said you were gonna give Jess a chance." Joey had stopped making her sister stop as well since they were hooked by the arms.

"I am." Lorelai came back to the two.

"Then why won't you hire him?"

 "I'm just ... not very comfortable with him."

"Then try and get comfortable." Rory spoke, the three starting to walk again.

"I don't know if I can."

"But you said-"Joey complained.

"I know what I said, but I can't help it."

"How many times do I tell you-" She started again, and was soon cut off, again.

"That I don't know the real Jess?"

"You don't."

"Well, fine, I don't know him, but I'm not too fond of his stand-in." She excused.

"People are different once you get to know 'em."

"If you'd remember, you weren't too fond of Luke at first." Rory stated.