Chapter 4

Eunji's pov:

Hansuke's surprised expression is quickly replaced by an annoying smirk.

"I'd like to see you try," he laughs. Oh hell no. Does this kid think this is a game? Does he want to die?

"You little shit. You think I can't, or what?" I grab him by the collar, anger visible on my face.

"Oh no. I know you can't. You know why? Because just like Jisung here, I have an older sibling too, a brother actually, who will gladly take you down for me." The small devil child smiles in a menacing way.

"Oh no I'm so scared," I say sarcastically, waving my hand to emphasize the 'scared' part. "Pfft. I'll kick his ass too." He frowns, then pushes my hand off of him and turns away, signaling his friends to follow him.

"You're gonna regret saying that." With that he and his group exit the scene, leaving Jisung, Jaemin, Chenle, and I behind. I turn, grabbing Jisung's wrist tightly and walk to my car, barely giving Jisung enough time to say goodbye to his friends.

"Get in," is all I say, not even sparing my little brother a glance. He nods, though I'm not looking, and gets in quietly, slowly buckling his seat belt.

The ride home, which is usually filled with music and laughs, is awfully quiet, the tension in the air suffocating us both.

As I park in the driveway, Jisung is quick to unbuckle his seatbelt and dash into the house. I sigh, knowing that he is most likely upset with me for interfering in something he obviously didn't want me to know about. This, however, is the exact reason for why I am angry at him too.

How could he keep something so important a secret from me? I barely make it to the stares when I hear a door slam on the second floor. I make a mental note to scold him for slamming the door shut later, however, right now I think it would be better to give him some space and let him cool down.

I sigh and begin on making some dinner to take to Jisung. Maybe he won't be as mad if I give him food.

. . .

I make my way upstairs to Jisung's room, which is across from mine. Hesitantly, I knock on his door.

"Jisung? Can I come in?" not hearing I response, I enter anyway.

Upon entering, I see Jisung lying down on his bed face first. "Hey kiddo," I say to him.

His response is muffled, but I still hear it clearly, "I'm dead, leave flowers and get out." Even when he's upset, he still has to be a sassy little shit.

I walk over to him and place his food down on his nightstand, proceeding to sit on the edge of his bed. I run my fingers through his hair lovingly. He turns to face me after a while.

"I'm sorry."

I'm taken aback by his apology, and I guess my face mirrors my feelings because soon he lets out a slight giggle.

"Why are you sorry? I came to say sorry." I say letting out a small laugh.

"I feel like I let you down." he looks away from me. I purse my lips and think about what would be the best way to console him.

"Hey kiddo, sit up will you? I need to say something." Jisung complies, he sits on his bed and lets his head hang low, refusing to look at me.