Chapter 19

Eunji's pov:

"When's the first game of the season?" I turn around in my seat as soon as class ends.

"I think it's next week," Yuta doesn't even look up at me as his gaze is fixed on whatever he's writing in his notebook.

"Is it home or away?"

"Eunji it's a home game, obviously" He finally looks up to meet my eyes.

"Ok, cool." We get quiet after that. I choose to stare outside the classroom window at the students on the yard while Yuta returns to writing in his notebook.

"Hey," I turn to him, trying to read whatever it is he's writing. "What is that?"

"It's a game plan I want to try out for next week," he continues to scribble down on the paper.

"That looks like chicken scratch..."

He looks up at me with an annoyed expression, "Of course it looks like that now, but just wait til I get it all down."

"Psh, whatever." I turn my head back to facing the window and rest my chin on my palm.

Yuta's pov

She turns back to look outside, and places her head on her arm which is resting on her desk. She looks nice with her hair down like that, I think to myself. Ew! No! Focus on your work stupid! I shake those thoughts away and continue my game plan.

As soon as class is over I'm going to show coach my ideas. Hopefully this is a good strategy, now I just need to wait till school is over.

•••

"Alright, I would like to start off by saying congratulations to everyone here for making it on the team. Today we will be doing some basic drills. Sunbaes go to my left and form a line. Hoobaes on the right and we'll do some passing as a warm up." Coach Choi blows his whistle and everyone moves.

On the left for the Sunbae team there is:
Me (captain)
Taeyong
Johnny
Doyoung
Ten
Sicheng
Taeil
Jungwoo
Kun
Jaehyun
and our only little second year: Xiaojun

The Hoobae team consists of:
Mark (captain)
Lucas
Hendery
Yang yang
Hansuke
Renjun
Jeno
Donghyuk
Jaemin
Jisung
Chenle

That makes 11 members on each team, with only one coach to instruct both teams. And with that, practice begins.

"Lucas! If I see you slack off on another goal then the entire team is running laps!"

"Coach don't be like that! They're all shooting at the same time I can't stop all of them!" Lucas whines, shoulders slumped as he hops around in a small fit. And of course, within that moment some idiot had to score a goal which Coach just had to notice.

The coach's blows his whistle before commanding "Everyone, 10 laps around the field!"

The team let's out howls of complaints (especially to Lucas) but nonetheless we all line up and run around the field.

"Lucas, you suck man!" I hear Hendery from behind me.

"Dude, it's not my fault! What kind of idiot decides to take a shot when they obviously see I'm distracted!" Lucas defends.

"Well if you hadn't stopped to complain like a spoiled child then you probably could've stopped that shot," Mark deadpans.