Chapter 18

Eunji's pov:

"So....... I heard Mark is the hoobae captain this year?" I ask, somewhat awkwardly. Yuta and I have been sitting here for a few minutes waiting for everyone else to show up and it seems we have nothing to argue about today.

"Uh, yeah. He is. He deserves it ya know?" Yuta replies, taking a quick glance my way before turning his gaze in the opposite direction.

Damn. It got quiet really fast.

"Have you seen the roster yet?" He begins a new conversation to battle the suffocatingly awkward atmosphere.

"No, not yet. I wonder if Jisung made it..." I ponder, gaze towards the fluffy clouds in the sky while I gently nibble my thumb nail.

"Pretty." Yuta mumbles.

"What?" My head snaps in his direction and I catch his eyes staring at me.

"Uhm, the clouds look pretty. That's all," he coughs, turning his gaze to the floor quickly.

Oh, for a moment I thought he called me pretty. I flush a ruby red at the thought. That's disgusting! Stop blushing! I pull my hands to my face and feel a stinging on my cheeks upon slapping myself. I must be out of my mind.

"Uhm, you ok?" Yuta is surprised by the sudden action.

"Yeah, totally fine. Normal even."

"Hey guys! Sorry we kept you waiting, there was a really long line today." Taeyong calls, Jikyung and Johnny following in suit.

"Oh thank god," I mutter under my breath.

"I heard that you rat," Yuta says before moving to the other end of the table where Taeyong sat.

I make a face of resentment before turning to my right side. "What did you bring me today, love?" I wriggle up next to Jikyung as soon as she takes a seat.

"Kimchi and rice," she hands me my tray.

"Thank youuuuuuuu! Let's dig in guys." I can feel my group of friends staring at me while I stuff my checks with my lunch.

"How is it possible for a person to eat like that?" Johnny interrupts the silence.

"You seem to underestimate just how much I can stuff in my mouth before I can be stopped." I pause. "Not in a dirty way you perverts."

"Haha, hey you said it!" Jikyung laughs.

"That's the third time you've said something about cannibalism this week. Should I be worried?" Doyoung's voice creeps up on the group.

"Why are you guys talking about cannibalism?" Yuta interjects.

"You tell me," Doyoung sighs.

"Hey guys how much caffeine is considered poisonous? Asking for a friend," Ten changes the subject as he drags Doyoung to sit next to him on the bench after they walked together.

"What friend?" I stare at him with narrowed eyes.

"Just a hoobae I know, now answer me you rat,"

"You're the third person the call me that today." I reply, avoiding his question.

"What the hell? Who were the first two?" Taeyong scrunches his nose.

"Jisung this morning and Yuta like five minutes ago."

"Wow, three people. That's impressive." Doyoung rubs his chin as he mocks me.

"Shut up bunny."