Chapter 5

Eunji's pov:

Jisung and I plop down on the couch next to our mom, exhausted sighs leaving our lips.

"Good job guys. As a reward, go grab five dollars from my purse."

"FIVE DOLLARS?!" we scream.

"Yeah, but that's to share, not each, ok?" she smirks at us. The sound of the doorbell interupts our complaints. "I'll get it," Jisung rises from his seat on the sofa and makes his way to the front door.

"HYUNG!" we hear Jisung shout at the top of his lungs, disappearing behind the door. I hear a loud giggle after, recognizing it as Jaehyun's.

The Jungs step inside and we all greet each other, my mom and Mrs. Jung sharing a big hug. Jisung is clinging to Jaehyun and Mr. Jung is already asking why I don't have a boyfriend yet with "such a pretty face like yours."

"She may have a pretty face but no one is willing to put up with her attitude." I whip around to glare at Jaehyun, then smirk. "So you think I'm pretty, huh?" His face begins to blush and he's frantically shaking his head while the rest of us laugh at his reaction.

"Ok let's eat because I'm starving." Mom is the first to make her way to the dining room and we all follow, each taking our usual seats (they come over a lot). I begin serving everyone their plates while Jisung pours some water in their glasses and soon, we're all enjoying the food.

"This is delicious, did you make this Eunji?" Mrs. Jung asks.

"Yes I did, I'm glad you're enjoying it." I say, a smile on my lips because of the compliment.

"Well as the saying goes, your ready to get married." Mr. Jung says with a mischievous smirk and the adults in the room begin to laugh while I make a half cringe half smile.

"Too bad I'm not ready to give up my baby yet," mom replies for me. "Anyways, how's the restaurant?"

"Business is booming. We're so busy we're probably gonna have to hire an extra hand to help Jaehyun. Jisung, would you be interested?" Mr. Jung turned to Jisung, in turn Jisung froze, fork half way to his mouth. ". . .me?"

"Well you're the only Jisung in the room so, yeah, duh you." I say, just to tease him. He gives me a side glance but averts his attention back to Mr. Jung.

"Yes, sir. I would love to work for you at the restaurant." Jisung answers him, a small smile making its way to his lips.

"This is so great, Jisung has been looking for a job for a while now. Thank you so much. Now we just need to get Eunji off her lazy butt and get her a job." Mom interjects. "Hey! I'm not lazy! I'm just focusing on my studies, that's all," a slight blush is on my cheeks while everyone else just laughs off my mom's little "joke."

"Sure. Eunji, what was your class rank again?" Jaehyun teases, knowing fully well that I don't study. "Haha, jokes on you Yoonoh," I begin, making reference to his birth name, "I went up five ranks after last week's test that everyone else, including you, bombed."

Jaehyun has his mouth hanging open while I, my mom, and Jisung all wear triumphant smirks. "Yep, that's my baby." Mom brags to the Jungs.

Jaehyun continues to wear a shocked face, "How did you? When did you? But that means-"

"Yep, I'm officially two whole ranks higher than you! BWAHAHAHA!" Before this year, Jaehyun has always been a higher class rank than me. But now, yippi-ka-yay, moda facka.

"Well dinner was amazing, thank you for inviting us over." Mrs. Jung looks at my mom, then stands preparing to go home. "Oh no don't leave," mom whines. Damn they live right next to each other yet act like they haven't seen each other in months.