Chapter 14

Eunji's pov:

Wow, I think this is the most bored I've ever felt in my english class.

I can barely keep my eyes open as I lean my head against my hand trying not to fall asleep in class. My lids are heavy for a moment too long and my breathes grow deeper. I can feel myself slipping into a sweet dream.

Boom.

My forehead collides with my desk and suddenly all eyes are on me.

"Park Eunji, tired are we?" I rub my head, feeling a noticeable bump.

"No sir, there was a bug in my eye and I was trying to suffocate it." I can hear a few snickers and a loud snort come from the class as they try and contain their laughter.

"Yes, that would explain the loud bang from your head hitting the desk, right?"

"You see sir-"

"No, no. Please, I don't want to hear another one of your mediocre excuses. Let's just continue, shall we?"

The class once again quiets down as our teacher resumes the lesson. Jeez, how much longer til lunch, I feel like my stomach is gonna growl soon. I reach inside my bag and chug some water and glance at the clock. Yes! Only 5 minutes!

"Excited, are we?"

The remark from my teacher causes me to clamp my hands over my mouth, eyes wide as I feel my cheeks burning up. I can hear the class laughing while I remove my hands from my mouth.

"Did I say that out loud?"

"Ms. Park, though I'm sure you're anticipating our lunch break very much, I'm afraid I'll have to have a word with you after dismissal."

"God dammit."

"Language, Park."

"Sorry." I glance behind me to my friends, Doyoung, Jikyung, and Ten, only to see them laughing at me. I narrow my eyes before turning back around. Damn it, why did Mr. Kim have to move me to the front?

The bell for dismissal sounds through the school and all the student begin the pile out of the classroom. My friends walk to my desk, giving me pats on the back. "Hey, if it's any consolation, I'll get you some food for when you join us."

"Thanks Jikyung. Bye guys." The three of them wave to me and bow to Mr. Kim before heading towards the cafeteria, leaving me behind.

"Ms. Park, I am aware that you feel you have no need to pay attention in my class, but others in here do need to hear my lecture. If you could just remain quiet, then it wouldn't be a problem but that seems impossible, even after moving you to the front. It honestly surprises me how you could make so little effort to learn in class yet have one of the highest grades. Even so, your disruptive behavior makes it harder for those who need the material to learn."

"I'm very sorry Mr. Kim, I can't help it, honestly."

Mr. Kim is quiet for a moment. He rubs his chin before sighing.

"All I need you to do is to remain quiet during lecture, ok?"

"What's in it for me?" I test the waters, hoping to get out of doing a few assignments.

"How about I embarrass you less during class, will that work?"

"Yeah, alright. May I be excuse? I'm starving."

"Yeah, get out of here before you make my headache worse." he rubs his temples roughly while saying this, being the drama queen he is.

"Aye, aye, sir." I quickly gather my things and dash out of the door, running through the hallways to make it to the table. I slow down to a jog as I pass by Jisung's table. It's been a few days since Hansuke apologized at the diner, but I still pass by daily, just to check. Chenle catches my eyes and gives me a wave before continuing his conversation with the other two boys. He's fine, I smile to myself.