Chapter 24

Eunji's pov

"I'm starvingggggg," I hear a whisper, though not a very good one, from the back of the class.

"Mr. Lee Youngheum, if I hear you speaking during my lecture one more time I am going to sign you up for after school cleaning for the rest of the week." Mr. Kim pushes up his glasses with his index finger, giving Ten a look of annoyance.

"Haha, Ten got in trouble."

"You too Mr. Kim Dongyoung" our teacher says, without turning away from the board.

"Pffft, I forgot your real name is Dongyoung and Ten's Korean name is Youngheum hahaha," Jikyung snickers. Man these guys suck at whispering, I think to myself, the second hand embarrassment sinking in.

"Alright that's it. Jikyung, Dongyoung, and Youngheum, cleaning duty after school."

"Awww come on! Mr. Kim I didn't even say anything after you said to be quiet." Ten complains, throwing his hands up. I can't help but let out a laugh at my friends getting in trouble.

"You too Ms. Park,"

"But all I did was laugh!" I look at my teacher in shock, slamming my hands on my desk to grip the edges.

"Exactly," he says, sassily placing his hand on his hip, pointing at me with the whiteboard marker in his other hand.

"Ughhhh, your too harsh Mr. Kim" Ten slumps in his chair.

"Sir, we have soccer practice after school," Doyoung raises his hand.

"That's ok, I'm sure Coach Choi won't mind." He gives a creepy smile to the back of the class.

"Shit, I forgot they're friends," Doyoung rubs his face.

"Language Mr. Kim,"

"Sorry," Doyoung mumbles.

The bell interrupts the lesson, dismissing us for lunch. "Don't forget to do the homework," Mr. Kim tells the class as he packs his things. "And you four," he directs his attention to my friends and I as we were trying to sneak out without getting his attention, "don't be late for cleaning duty."

"Yes sir," we all groan, sluggishly making our way to the cafeteria for food.

"Is coach Choi gonna be mad at you guys for missing practice?" Jikyung cocks her head to one side.

"I don't know, I hope not." Doyoung replies, adjusting the strap of his bag.

"We do have a game next week that we're supposed to be preparing for so..." Ten scratches his head, kicking up dirt from the ground.

"Damn, I wanted to reorganize my room today," I sigh.

"Didn't you just do that though?"

"Yes, Ji, I did. However, there are still too many things in there that do not spark joy." I say, using hand signs to emphasize the spark joy part.

"Jesus christ," Jikyung faces palms, grabbing her food from the counter and walking away from us.

"Psh, little Ms. Jesus Christ over there forgot her drink!" Ten calls, holding up Jikyung's juice and shaking it vigorously.  "I don't wanna carry it, you get it," he turns to me.

"Nah, she disrespected Marie Kondo to my face. She can eat without her juice." I scowl and pick up my plate, my eyes burning holes in the back of her head.

"You guys are literal trash. I'll take it," Doyoung rolls his eyes, grabbing the drink and walking away.

"He says that like it offends me," I look at Ten and shrug in response, the two of us heading to our usual table.