Chapter 8

Eunji's pov:

"Hey!" Minji's yell resonates throughout the hallway, earning some disapproving head-shakes from fellow students and a few teachers. She doesn't care and runs towards Jikyung and I.

"Hey," we say once she reaches us and all three procede in the direction of our classroom. We walk in silence until Jikyung starts her interrogations.

"So, Minji," She says in a casual tone. Minji turns to face her and tilts her head. "What's up?" She asks. Jikyung gives her a side view glance before continuing.

"Well, I was just wondering, why'd you blow us off like that yesterday? I mean you said you had to go home, was it something urgent or important? You just took off and left us in the dust." Now listen, Jikyung doesn't say this because she's mad or anything, that's just how she is. She's the type of person who will ask questions until she's fully informed of a situation, even if it has nothing to do with her. You know, the type that just be wanting some hot tea ready to spill. It's something that we've come to love about her, sometimes. We really have no problem with it because we tell each other everything anyways, but it's how she asks the questions that scares me. She interrogates like she's a detective and asks things in a way that make you think she already knows the answer, which is exactly how she gets you. To be honest, I feel bad for whoever she marries because they're in for one long ass ride.

"Oh, uhm, I just had something I needed to do, that's all." Minji responds, slight hesitation in her tone. It seems Jikyung has picked up on this because she raises an eyebrow and says "Oh? And what might that be? It couldn't have been homework because we weren't assigned any yesterday. And it couldn't have been helping your mom clean or cook because your dad is on a business trip and she only cooks when he's home, which means you guys probably had pizza last night, am I right Minji?

Minji looks surprised because Jikyung most likely got this spot on. All the while, I'm in between them watching this all play out. "Yeah, we did have pizza last night. . ."

"And you weren't cleaning your room because you only clean your room on Tuesdays and yesterday was Wednesday."

"Yeah I only clean on Tuesdays," Minji looks astonished that Jikyung knows that.

"So what was the reason Minji? Why'd you dip yesterday?"

"I was talking to Jaehyun ok?!" Minji cracked. Jikyung's face goes from satisfaction to curious again in a second.

"What? You were talking to your crush? What about?"

Ok I should step in, Minji's starting to look scared. "Jaehyun confessed to her yesterday, ok?" I turn to face Minji. "So how'd it go? Are you guys dating now?"

A smile makes its way to Minji's face. "Yeah we are. Wait how'd you know that Jaehyun confessed?"

"Cuz Jisung and I helped him, duh. Do you seriously think he's capable of planning a confession on his own?" I ask, sarcastically.

"She's got a point Minji, he's kinda dense sometimes. But he confessed? Oh my god you have to tell me how later, ok? Was it like romantic or just a whatever sort of thing because honestly he seems like the type to be basic." Jikyung jumps in.

"Oh my god, you should've heard how he wanted to confess. He wanted to get her a baby yoda plushie with a little card that said 'baby yoda one for me.' That was his plan. I was like 'dude no you can't confess like that-"

"Anyways, Jaehyun and I were thinking that it would be cool if we all ate lunch together. What do you think?" Minji asks, probably wanting to change the subject before Jikyung and I roast Jaehyun. . . again. We kinda do that a lot.