Chapter 6

Eunji's pov:

"Eunji, my best friend of eight years, I'm going to tell you who I like."

I wait patiently for Jaehyun to gather his thoughts before he continues.

"Uhm, before I tell you, I just wanted to say that never in a million years would I have ever thought I would fall for this person ok? Also, when I tell you, don't freak out."

"Well I freak out over everything but I guess I'll try not to," I say, trying to lighten the mood in this serious atmosphere. It's strange for me to see Jaehyun being so nervous in front of me. Of course I've seen him nervous before but he's usually so confident and easygoing, so seeing him in this state is, for lack of a better term, weird.

"Ok, well, uhm. Ok here it goes. . ." He pauses. I gently place my hand on his knee for reassurance.

"Hey it's ok, take your time. You know if you don't feel ready to tell me, you don't have to."

"But I want to. I've been wanting to tell you for so long," a sigh escapes his lips as he frustratedly runs a hand through his hair. "Ok, ok. The person I like is. . ." There is a silence that slowly fills the room before he takes a breathe, ready to continue.

"Itsyourfriendminjibutididntwanttotellyoucuzithoughtitdbeweird"

"Woah there buckaroo, slow down. I didn't get any of that." He groans in frustration, running a hand through his hair.

"I like Minji, ok? Like, a lot, I just don't know how to tell her. Will you help me confess?"

"Why can't you do it yourself?" I ask, sassily. Then he gives me a look. Oh boy, here come the puppy eyes, dammit. I can never refuse his puppy eyes, or dimples. Sigh.

"Ok ok, just stop making that stupid face." He smiles wide, eyes crinkling and dimples proudly showing. Just then Jisung walks in looking tired and takes a seat on my bed next to us.

"Hey guys. What are you talking about?"

"Oh nothing," I say, "just that Jaehyun has had a secret crush on Minji for years and he wants to confess to her!"

"Eunji!!" Jaehyun exclaims.

"What?! Seriously?!" Jisung asks, surprised. "I always thought you liked Eunji. . ."

"JISUNG WHAT THE HELL?!" Jaehyun and I say and throw pillows at Jisung, causing him to fall off the bed with a loud thump.

"Owwww!" we hear him groan from the floor. He slowly picks himself up and plops on the bed once more. "Damn, why are you guys so mean to me?"

"Shut up and help us figure out how Jaehyun can confess."

Jisung ponders this, his hand scratching his head which is tilted to the side. I sit, staring at the wall thinking about different k-dramas I've seen and how the characters confess. Jaehyun runs a hand through his hair and knits his eyebrows together in deep thought.

"Well, you can't get her flowers because she always cries when they die, so that's out." I say, recalling when Jikyung and I got her flowers for her birthday. We found her crying in her room a few days after holding them in her hands by the window. It was sad and, well, very disturbing.

Suddenly Jisung snaps his fingers grabbing our attention. "Ok, I have an idea, but it's nothing really extravagant or anything like that," he starts.

"That's ok, Minji likes things simple and straightforward anyways." I reply.

"Ok, so here's what you could do,"