Chapter 21

Eunji's pov:

The car ride to school was quiet. Jisung and Hansuke sat in the backseats and neither made a sound. Yuta, seated in the passenger seat with his arms crossed and jaw jutted out, did the same. His eyes were fixed on the outside view from his window, and he was very one-worded when I tried to start a conversation. His mind was somewhere else.

I'm a little concerned upon seeing the gloomy atmosphere. If they're all in a different head space then it could seriously affect the way they play, and I know they'll regret it later, win or loose, because they won't be at 100%. What can I do? They're all practically ignoring me...

"We're here," I pull into a space not too far from the school gate. As soon as I park, everyone piles out of the car in a hurry.

"Thanks for the ride," Yuta waves before walking off quickly. Hansuke follows him, but not before giving a slight bow of his head and a quiet "thank you."

"I felt like I was suffocating in there, there was so much tension. Did something happen?" Jisung let's out a breath of air before facing me.

Would it be ok to tell him? I mean it's not like we haven't gone through it either, but it was private.

"No, don't worry. Just focus on your game, ok?" I pat his shoulder and start walking to the front entrance. I can still see the Nakamoto siblings walking ahead of us. I'll talk to him after the game.

"I'm going to the locker room, I'll see you later!" Jisung calls out upon reaching the school yard. I give him a wave of my hand, turning in the direction of the bleachers to wait for my friends.

single ladies - minji that hoe✊🏼

eunjeezus
hey guys i'm here

G_kyung😎
ew y r u so early?

eunjeezus
i had to pick up yuta
duh

min_gee_gee
me n jaehyun r
on the way🥰

Ha, Minji's adorable. I chuckle before putting my phone away. Let's enjoy the game.

•••

"I can't believe you guys won!" Minji yells, running into Jaehyun's arms. She gives him a quick peck on the cheek, "I'm so proud!"

"Oh ho ho, look who's blushing!" Johnny teases Jaehyun, who's turned a dark shade of red.

"Stop." He warns, but his smile seeps through his tough facade.

"Do you guys wanna go eat?" Taeyong asks, capturing everyone's attention.

"Yes! I'm starving!" Jikyung clings to my arm.

"Funny, since you were eating my snacks throughout both games." I glare at her.

"It's a nervous habit! I thought they would loose..."

"Wow, no faith! No faith, everyone!" Ten points to her, yelling.

"No I do have faith it's just-"

"Booooooo! THIS GIRL HAD NO FAITH IN US!" Ten cups his hands around mouth, yelling in all directions.

"Would you stop? People are staring!" Doyoung pulls Ten's hands away from his mouth. Ten just laughs it off.