Chapter 9

Eunji's pov:

"Well ask him then," I challenge, "Go on, ask him. He's on lunch too right? Let's go ask him."

Yuta ponders this, his eyebrows knit together. "No," he says, finally. We all look at him in confusion.

"Why not? Scared of finding out the truth?" I test. He looks at me with annoyance. "I know my brother, and he would never bully anyone. So, I don't need to."

"Just go!" Ten yells from the table, earning a slap on the arm from Doyoung, who has an annoyed face. "Ouch, what? It's getting interesting."

"If you know your brother so well, then what's the harm in asking, huh? Maybe it's cuz deep down, you know he's capable." I let a smug expression make its way to my face.

"What I'm wondering is, why would anybody bully little Jisung? I mean he's so cute, he's like a little baby chick." Jikyung clasps her hands together and smiles while she says this.

"That's why it doesn't make any sense that Hansuke would bully him. Hansuke doesn't even seem like the type to kill a mosquito that bit him, and Jisung is loved by literally everyone." Taeyong has a point, I never would've thought Hansuke was bullying Jisung until I actually saw it happen.

"That's why I'm saying Eunji is lying. There's no way any of what you're saying could be true. I think you're just making that up to cover up the fact that you threatened my brother." Yuta says.

"What?! That's insane! Who would go through all that trouble to make up a false story to this scale?" I yell, shocked at how Yuta could even get to this conclusion.

"I say we just go to Hansuke and Jisung and ask them to get this over with." Minji finally speaks, surprising since she's been quiet this whole time.

"Fine. Let's go. I believe in my brother. He would never lie to me." Yuta takes the lead to where Hansuke eats lunch and we all follow in suit.

As we approach what I asume is Hansuke's usual table, we see that Hansuke isn't there, only two of his friends.

"Hey Jeno, Renjun. Do you guys know where Hansuke is?" Yuta asks them once we arrive, but the two first years only look at each other with wide eyes before turning back to Yuta.

"Uhm, why are you looking for him?" The black haired one asks, looking slightly nervous. I look at him with narrow eyes, why is he nervous?

"I just need to talk to him. So, where is he?" The brown haired one bites lip and glances at his friend. "Uhm," he starts. "He's-"

"Renjun wait!" The black haired one interrupts the one with brown hair, who I now know is Renjun. "No, Jeno! I'm sick of this whole thing!" Renjun turns to us and says, "He's behind the gym with Jisung."

Yuta's face turns pale, "Why is he there with Jisung?"

Jeno sighs before he speaks, "I think you should go see for yourself."

I have no time to gloat to Yuta about how I was right. Right now Jisung is with Hansuke and that is my main concern. I take off in the direction of the gym without warning, leaving everyone behind, except Yuta, who is running beside me. We both turn the corner of the building at the same time and Yuta freezes at what he sees. Hansuke has Jisung pinned against the wall of the gym. Jaemin, Chenle, and another kid with brown hair are standing off to the side, not too far from the scene. I step forward and rip Hansuke away from Jisung. I cup Jisung's cheeks and observe his face, checking for injuries.