Hectic Start

Kirito found a place to stay with another player and got a fresh start to the day. He made his way around town to find quests and gather enough money to sustain himself, the same can't be said for Sinon, who is still at your place.

You walked through to your room to get changed and as you got to the door, Sinon opened it to exit.

Sinon pov:

I just exited Y/N's room. And as soon as I turned around from closing the door behind me, I bumped into him. And damn, I must say he looks good. Wait. What am I thinking!?

"You okay, Sinon?" He asked me. I couldn't help but make an excuse to use the room one more time. I can't let him see me like this!

"Yeah! I'm fine, just forgot something in the room. That's all." I said before bolting back into that room faster than Kirito can block bullets.

"You sure? I mean, you're acting kind of strange." He replied, this really got my nerves shot.

"No, I'm not acting strangely. I have no idea what you could possibly mean!" I said. Of course it doesn't sound obvious that some things up. Ugh, I can be a real clutz sometimes.

"It's because you saw me without my shirt, isn't it?" He asked in a slightly comical, slightly sarcastic tone. That's it. The jigs up.

"Yeah pretty much kinda maybe." I replied, my voice going more and more to a mumble with every word.

"If it really bothers you, I'll put my shirt back on. I just need to get changed." He said, barely containing his laughter.

"Hey! It's not funny!" I whined defensively. This caused him to laugh harder.

"You win this time. Just know this battle is not over." I said in defeat as I opened the door. I looked down because if I saw his bare chest again, I'll probably pass out from all the blood in my stupid face. I can't imagine how ridiculous I must look!

He went in to get changed, I waited next door. As soon as he finished, he explained all about binding weapons into hybrids. After ten minutes, I finally understood.

"So, you want to get the weapon mod done?" He asked me.

"Sure. It could come in handy." I replied.

No pov.

You and Sinon headed to town to find a huntsman's workshop.

"So... how much do I owe you for doing this for me?" Sinon asked you seriously.

"Nothing. It is free for first-timers who are just getting started in their careers, but after your first visit, you have to pay per material used. But even if we had to pay now, I still wouldn't expect you to pay me back. I'm just helping a fellow player out. Also, don't worry about paying me, I'm doing this because I don't want to see a player die because they are underprepared." You replied casually. On the way there, Sinon bumped shoulders with someone.

"Hey! Watch where you're..." The two came to a pause.

"Sinon!?" Kirito yelped in suprise.

"Kirito!" Sinon yelped at the same time as Kirito.

"What are you doing here!? I thought I told you to stay with Asuna in case something happens!" Kirito scolded her.

"That was a promise you and Asuna made, not you and I. And I figured you could use some backup. After all, it's not like we can exit or log out." Sinon yelled in her defense.

"You're right, I guess." Kirito said in defeat.

Suddenly, they saw a recording sign following them.