Rise Again

You immediately stripped the hospital gear and the NerveGear off your body and made your way downstairs, where Hyde just woke up.

"Sir, you shouldn't be up just yet, you've been out for over a year..." A doctor said sternly.

"I feel fine, right now I have to get to the airport. Trust me, I'm fine, and thanks a million for helping me all this time." You said as the doctors left you to be on your way.

Hyde got up and followed you. He asked what happened in there, not having a good recollection of it and you told him straight out.

"Sinon and I died in-game, but I made it out so she must have too, I'm going to Tokyo now." You said with conviction, praying that she's alive. You went home, packed your bags, drank an energy drink despite it being expired, and then headed out the door, Hyde following you all the way.

Timeskip to the airport:

"Hello sir, how can I help you?" She asked in a friendly tone.

"I need the fastest one-way flight to Tokyo as soon as possible, please. Here's my Visa, ID, everything you need." You said desperately.

"There's a flight leaving in half an hour, if you want, I can book you a last-minute ticket, but it will cost you significantly more than normal?" She said in a friendly tone.

"I'll take it, how much do I need to pay?" You asked rapidly.

"That will be eight thousand (Y/C)." She said casually.

"Here's the money." You said, paying up front.

"Why the rush, if I may ask?" She asked cautiously.

"I'm a survivor of Remnant Online and a girl that I was close to died in-game. I also died but I'm miraculously still here so I'm praying she's still alive." You said rapidly.

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that, you can go to the plane at terminal B9." The lady said casually.

"Thanks so much!" You said as you rushed to the terminal.

"And good luck with the situation!" She said with a friendly tone.

You never heard her in your attempt to get to the terminal, while Hyde bought a ticket too, following you soon after.

Timeskip to Tokyo:

When you got off the plane, you immediately phoned her, but to no avail. So you tried Kirito.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Kirito! You are a sound for sore ears, where's the cafe you spoke of?"

"Y/N!? Where are you now?"

"I'm by a big building, looks like the Japanese version of the empire state?"

"Oh that place! If you go left, past a place that looks sketchy, you will eventually find a park. I'll meet you at that park."

"Thanks!"

You ran down the road, and got to the park and after a few minutes, Kirito and Asuna showed up. You and they ran to the cafe, saving formal introductions and rushing into the building.

"The others should be upstairs." Agil said casually.

"'Sup Agil!" You said with nervousness.

"Hey Y/N! How can I help you?" He asked casually.

"Did Sinon come in anytime soon?" You asked as you went upstairs.

"I haven't seen her since the end of Remnant Online... I'm sorry." He said sympathetically.