Dance The Night Away

A few weeks after the kidnapping, the day of the dance arrived as intended, and everyone getting ready for the night coming up.

"Hey Y/N, you ready for the dance tonight?" Kirito asked as you stared out the window towards the city.

"I'm ready." You said bluntly.

"Everything okay?" He asked again.

"Honestly, no. Members of Laughing Coffin are still out there, nine hundred and three to be precise. I don't know how I can rest properly until I put an end to them." You said sternly.

"We will put their 'guild' to an end. Eventually." Kirito said sternly.

"Eventually is not good enough! We all saw what they pulled all those weeks back! They clearly trying to kill us by using our own friends against us! The faster we do it, the better." You said sternly.

"I know where you're getting at, but there's no way we can take on all of them at our current level. Back in Sword Art Online, it took me months to get to a level where I was basically invincible to damage from other players. It may be a few months since the start of the game, but the levels work differently, remember." Kirito countered.

"I don't care how the leveling up works in this game, I swear on my very life, before I finish this game I will kill every member of LC until the very last one, then he better pray I make his death sudden." You said sternly.

"You're... kinda starting to freak me out, dude. I know they aren't the most reputable people in this game called survival, but surely there is another way-"

"There is no other way! As long as their members are out there, people will continue to die. That's a fact, a fact I can't let continue even if it means the death of me." You snapped.

"Dude! Are you not hearing what I'm saying!? If you go out there on a killing rampage you will be leaving everyone who cares! Team RWBY, Sinon, Klein. If you walk out that door and go on a hunt then I can guarantee you will never see them again!" Kirito said sternly as he gripped your collar to get the point through.

Sinon walked in at that moment, looking on with concern.

"Am I interrupting something?" She teased.

"Not at all. Please explain to Y/N that despite what he thinks, there's no way he will be able to clear out all of Laughing Coffin. He is threatening to go out on a hunt for the last nine hundred and ninety-three members even if he has to do it alone." Kirito said, hoping you would listen to her instead.

"Kirito's right! We barely made it out when you came to rescue me, you can't do this alone!" Sinon yelped with concern. Noticing your demeanor has changed.

"But they pose a threat not only towards you and the others, what about any friends you care about that may have joined the game? What about those friends who you care about and have no knowledge of them being in-game?" You said sternly.

"If you dare go out there I will leave you!" Sinon said with tears in her eyes, understanding where Kirito is getting at.

"What? Why!? Because I'm about to put an end to the monsters taking the lives of people who have other families, possibly very young children who decided to try this game out?" You growled, blinded by anger.

"Because if you go out there, you will die and it will be easier for you to die knowing you have nothing left to lose, and easier for me knowing that I got over you by the time you've hit the dirt!" Sinon snapped, tears streaming down her face from mixed feelings.

You are clearly taken back by this, sure you want revenge, but you know it's not worth losing her. All this time you wanted to keep her and your friends safe and that took control of you.