19. Memories

What did you need? What was it? You broke the hug between you and your mother.
„Darling Are you okay? You look a little sick.." said your mom while tilting her head like a cat.

„I can't remember", you whispered. Tears shoot into your eyes. You really couldn't remember. Like, what happened yesterday?
You sat on the couch.
„Mom? Can I ask you a few things?"
You asked with a monotone voice.
„Of course honey!" your mom said sitting next to you on the couch.

„M-Mom? What happened yesterday?" you asked and looked up to her.
She hesitated.
„I-... I... I can't remember if I'm honest...I'm sorry", was all your mom brought out. Her voice was kinda shaky and you could tell that there was a little fear hidden in her voice-

You looked down at your metallic arm... what the hell happened, like, literally, how come you can't remember? „And Mom?" you said looking up at her, „mom what happened to my a-ar..-" your voice cracked at the last part. You couldn't help it and started crying-... hard. You didn't knew anymore what to do and what happened? Did your memories got..-

erased..?

You sighed and got up. No. You can't cry. You can't break together. Not now. Not today. Fuck no. You are (Y/n) fuckin (L/n) and there was never anything that could stop you from doing what you want!!

You looked back at your mother, who was still sitting on the couch, all puzzled and with a face that said the words ‚I'm sorry' all over it. You kneeled down to her: „thanks mom" you said with a warm smile.

You got up and ran back to your room. You had to find out what happened. You looked under your bed and got out a box that was filled with some photos and stuff from the past. You took out a bunch of photos and looked at them... it doesn't seem like you are a good photographer, since almost on every photo the faces are not visible or not fully on the picture, mostly there was only a sleeve of a hoodie visible..-

Wait.

If there are only the sleeves visible, how come you know that these are hoodies? You just remembered something!! You squealed in joy and hugged the photos (don't ask me how that's possible) then you kept searching in the box for other things. There was a little flask laying in the box.. you picked it up and took a sip which you instantly regretted.. yuck.. why did you had to drink out of Toms flask again? Tom? Who is—

TOM OF COURSE!! You jumped up in joy happy that you remembered Tom. But there were other guys too, right? If all those things were in the past, shouldn't it be written down in your diary?? With excitement you ran to your diary and—- all the pages were ripped out. What? You dropped to your knees. Why though? Why is life playing so hard on you now?

After a while you left your room and went downstairs. Your mom looked at you.

„Sweetie is everything okay? I heard squealing and then something falling down..-"

„Mom, I'm leaving."

„What? Sweetie we don't even know what's going on you can't leave-"

„Mom I have to. I remembered something and I think I know were to start."

„A-Are you Sure?"
„Yes"

You went to your mom once again and hugged her. Then you got Toms flask, your keys, your mint colored coat and left.

So here you were. Outside. In the cold. Nice.

Where should you go now?

You looked at the flask. Tom was an alcoholic, right? Why else would he have a flask with 100% pure vodka in it. So you went to the next bus station and waited for the bus to arrive. Time to visit the bar.

-time skip-

You finally arrived at the bar. Everyone was talking and as soon as you entered everything went silent. Dead silent. People started glaring at you. Nervously you started playing with a coin that you kept in the pockets of your coat, also hiding your robot arm that way. You sat down and ordered a simple alcohol free cocktail. People were staring holes into you, ya could feel that.

The bartender walked up to you and brought you your drink. Slowly you started drinking it, feeling more and more uncomfortable with every second that passed. Then some people started whispering and pointing their fingers at you.
You ignored them but suddenly someone roughly grabbed your shoulder. You turned around and faced a guy that was dressed just like the other people in the room. Red turtlenecks, thick brown boots and a blue coat on top of it. This uniform seemed very familiar, had you ever an encounter with one of these persons? You looked at the man in front of you. He wasn't very tall, he had bushy eyebrows and a scar over his left eye. He then interrupted your thoughts by saying:

„Excuse me, Ma'am, I think you should leave th- Th- this bar..—
(Y/n)?—" your eyes widen at the last part. Why did he know your name? Who was this guy? You tried to examine him and find his name out that way. And you actually did it: on the right side of his chest was a little nametag, hanging upside down but you could still read it: „Paul", you whispered. Paul's eyes widen now as well. You could tell that he was just as shocked as you were. Then you remembered him: he hurted you. And all of the people in this room wear the same as Paul does so do they work together?? You needed to get out of here. Now.

Pauls arm was still on your shoulder so you grabbed it and twisted it. But there was one thing you haven't thought about while doing this: your robot arm. It was now visible. Shit. You pushed Paul beside you and tried to run outside but all of the other people in the room stood up and aimed weapons at you. Some of them got out small hand guns others got out a tin of pepperspray and one of them even scattered a glass bottle.

Your eyes widen and your heart beat increased.

You were fucked.