21. Hope

„No",

all of them said in union. You looked at them and felt your jaw drop. Your hands became shaky and you didn't want to move.

„Oh-", you mumbled and looked at your lap, „I'm sorry f-for wasting y-your time then..- I..- eh.. excuse me", was all you brought out before standing up and walking straight to the doors.

As soon as you were outside you sat down beside the doors and started crying. You didn't even want to but you just couldn't help it.. but why can't you just forget those stupid boys? I mean you had plenty of friends in the past and you were able to forget some of them and it didn't even bother you.. but why can't you forget those boys? There was something about them that just wouldn't let you forget them..- maybe you just liked them more than you'd admit..-?

Suddenly your thoughts were interrupted by a very weird feeling:
Your robot hand started shaking heavily and it felt like you wouldn't get any air to breath. You started panting heavily, trying to gasp for air. Were you having a panic attack? Oh no, this is not good at all! Why can't you..-

„Hello?", you heard a very calm voice say. You looked up to the source of the voice just to find Tom standing there. You violently shoved your arm into your hoodie pocket so Tom wouldn't see that it's shaking, but after he appeared the panic attack almost disappeared, you still didn't got as much air as normal but still, it wasn't as bad as before.

„What do you want-?", you said and looked away in embarrassment. A slight blush appeared on your cheeks. You couldn't stand that one of the boys was seeing you weak. Actually you couldn't stand that anyone was seeing you that weak.
„I just wanted to check on you, please calm down," he said. He made hand gestures as if that would calm you down.

You still looked at the floor beside you. You really didn't want him to look at you.
„May I take a seat?" he asked. You didn't answer. Somewhat you wanted to scream ,no you may not, please leave me alone' but that would be really rude and you didn't want the last person of the boy-Crew to leave you too, so you just remained silent. He sat down next to you. Through the corner of your eyes you could tell that he was looking at you but you really tried to avoid eye contact.

„Uhm, i figured that i haven't said thank you yet for bringing my flask back..- so uh..- thank you", he said. There was really an awkward tension between the both of you at the moment. Damn.

„Anyways I also gotta have to excuse myself." Tom then started.
Your eyes wandered over to him and you two had (finally) eye contact. „For what ?" you asked and tilted your head a little.

„For lying to you."

Huh?
Suddenly Tom grabbed your shoulders and pulled you really close. Your faces were only inches apart and you could feel a really dark blush spreading across your cheeks. Tom..- what the hell? His eyes were looking deeply into yours- or at least you assumed so, since he doesn't really have eyes, rather black voids. He then spoke up:
„I-.. uh..-", he hesitated and looked away one last time. He bit his lip and it looked like he was overthinking the whole situation. But then he turned back and said:
„I.. I remember you (Y/n)"

It hit you like a bullet.
What-?
Someone..-

Someone. Was. Remembering.
Your eyes widen and you grabbed his wrists. „What did you just say?" you asked.

„I remember you (Y/n)." Tom repeated. You let go of his wrists and turned away. You started crying once again. But this time not because you were sad, oh no. Those were pure tears of joy. You just stood there like this before turning back to Tom and giving him a big hug. „Thank you" you whispered into his ear. „Thank you for giving me hope again" you mumbled and then the two of you stayed in this position.

After about a minute of way too long awkward hugging you pulled apart and looked happily into Toms eyes. You wiped away one last tear before your smile turned into a slight frown.

Woah (Y/n) ya gotta learn how to control these mood changes lol

„But Tom,..- why did you lie to me—?" you asked. Toms eyes widen. Looks like he was hoping that you wouldn't ask him that question.

„So, when you sat at our table asking all of us if we remember you, I did. I did remember you. But when I exchanged looks with the other boys I could see the confusion in their faces. They didn't. Also I didn't want to just tell the other boys that you were our old roommate, because they normally would have remembered you and in this situation they would've only thought that all of this is a joke since they didn't remember..- ah- this is so confusing. I had my reasons okay? I really didn't mean to be rude or anything like that, I just kinda wanted to protect you, I guess."

You could tell that he was really sorry. And that he had a very complicated kind of logic. But anyways you'd forgive him.

„It's fine" you said and put your hand on his shoulder in a supportive way. „But how will I move back in with you again..-" you looked at Tom. „Wait, do you even want me to move back in again?"

Tom just smiled.
„Of course I do! But we gotta have to change the mind of the other guys so you can move back in."

„And how are we gonna do that?"

Tom looked at you and his eyes widen. He raised an eyebrow and he started pursing his lips before his thinking-expression turned into a happy and joyful one. He snapped his fingers and pointed them at you.

„I got it!" he exclaimed.

_______________
Ah- im so sorry for the late Update, you guys have no idea how often I had to re-write this whole chapter (I think it was about 4 times or something like that lol). But now the update is finally here :,)

Also I've been getting SO MUCH NICE FEEDBACK SINCE THE LAST CHAPTER, HOLY CRAP. thank y'all so much. You guys are wonderful :,,,D

Anyways, have a nice sunday everyone!
~neince