08 Chapter

(Added)

*Your POV

I opened my eyes finding myself surrounded by four wondering faces above me with a green fairy flying around. And when they saw me came to, they all sighed in relief and then smiled brushing away the worries they first expressed before gradually straightening back up to give me a space to sat up to.

"What happened?" I asked then looked at Mimosa who was withdrawing her grimoire from me back to where she usually tuck it. Then I looked at the wide fields in front of me which means that we managed to get out of the forest of monsters in time before they could kill all of us.

"I'm glad the healing spell works." The girl said and I already had the clue why. "I'm glad the poison didn't spread in time."

"Thank you." I looked down sadly. Feeling the weight of all my troubles in my low shoulders. "And I'm sorry. Turns out that I was very useless."

"Not quite true, little one." Leopold contradicted, looking at me with a very enthusiastic smile. Then I turned to Yuno who was smiling too, pointing over the direction of the forest. I turned towards it and shock washed my face while watching the frozen monsters in front of us. It wasn't just monsters, but the half of the forest was covered in a solid crystal ice. "Be proud. Because you saved us all." He added with a smirk.

"I did?" I asked a bit unsure.

"Yes, you did." Mimosa confirmed smiling lightly at me. Then I turned to Mr. four-eyes who was looking away, fixing his glasses after that he looked at me and nodded. "You may be a brat but I commend your hard work." He complimented and lightly smiled before looking away again.

"I'm glad..." I smiled too finding a hand outstretched in front of me. I looked up and saw Yuno lending me a hand to stand so I gladly took it and pulled myself up. But as I was about to let my hand loosed, he gripped it tight making me looked at him. "Yuno?"

"Iiiiiiiiiiihhhhhhh!!!!!!" the familiar irritated little squeal made me turned to the little green sprite beside him. "Don't touch him!!!!!!!!!" she screamed pulling my friend's cheek that stretched half his face sidewards.

"Y/n." he said seriously making me turn my attention towards Yuno instead of Bell. "Don't ever do something as reckless as that."

"Reckless?" W-what did I do?" I asked back nervously.

"That magic." Leopold pointed down on the forest. "That strong release of magic may cause you a loss of mana. You might've died if you're a normal person." Explaining that to me, I sighed.

"I'm really sorry that I made all of you worried. But please rest assured." I said. "Freezing half of the forest doesn't use up a lot of my mana."

"It doesn't?" Mimosa asked seriously.

"Yeah. I realized that when I froze the whole forest including the giant demon skull in Hage." I explained.

"Why would you froze it?" Yuno asked.

"When you and Asta were away for five months, some bandits attacked the town. They stole a really great sum of money from the church, library and almost the whole townspeople were robbed every now and then almost lucky to survive from their assaults. I heard rumors that the bandits were seen camping on the forest so I tried looking for it by broom. Realizing that flying was tolling time more than what I expected, I decided not to waste more mana on flying and thought of freezing the forest instead." I scratched my cheeks.

"And why did you think you can do that?" Yuno hit my forehead scolding.

I blushed and looked away. "I-I thought it looked cool so I wanted to try." I said embarrassed. "But I just thought I could so I tried. I'd stop eventually of I'm hitting on my limits, I swear!"

Leopold laughed. The usual hyper laugh he would always give. "You really are a reckless little one! I'm starting to like you even more!" he said fondly with his hand patting my head as he usually does to. "Now, we must return to the capital and hand this over to the messenger owls." He rose the sack of letters in his hand with a wide grin and a thumb up.

"Yes. We must return Immediately to the capital. The letters are needed to be delivered without further delay." Mr. Klaus agreed.

So we started to walk further into the fields and since it was close from where we've hidden our brooms, we were able to fly back into the kingdom faster than expected. The three-day supposed journey was given a new record as a day and a half when we returned back. With the forest freezing in half, the monsters also decreased that it was easier for the next magic knights who will get the letter for the next quarter. We landed down on the town's circle on our brooms with Mr. Klaus's unsophisticated chariot then went straight to the post office to let the letters be sent. After all the task, the five of us went out of the building with somewhat relief expressions on our faces.

"Alright." Leo said with content, placing both hands on his waist turning to me with a smirk. "You did well for your first job, little one. You gave yourself a good impression to the right hand man of the Crimson Lion squad—me." He boastfully pointed to himself then laughed.

"Now rejoice." I looked at him wonderingly after he said that. But when I didn't respond long enough from his order, he turned to me seriously. "Rejoice." He said again, now more demanding.

I awkwardly raised my fists as if I won something and then mirthlessly and questionably pretended that I was cheerful. "Ye-hay...?" I said a bit uncomfortable. And when I did that, he happily laughed again.

The Golden dawns were watching us with the same expressions that I do. "Uh... so yeah. I guess that's the end of our job." Klaus interrupted. "This is where we'll be parting ways then."

I turned to him and then to Yuno who was making his way to me and while little Bell was trying to pull him away which I see useless because that's the strong guy we're talking about. He stopped when he was a foot away giving me a smile. "Make sure you take care of yourself. Asta and I are not going to be able to help you out sometime, so make sure you're going to be safe here."

"You started to sound like father." I teased.

He messed my hair. "I'll see you again, alright?"

"Of course!" I turned around to make my way towards my mentor Leo. And when I turned towards them, they all turned towards a different direction.

"Let's go." Leo said and I nodded as we made our way towards the opposite side. "I'm sure the captain will be glad to hear the good news."

"I hope so too." I replied back facing the nearing sunset in the east.

"Have confidence little one. Because you made a good impression on me, I'm sure my brother would also be feeling the same sentiment. He's my brother after all." He assured.