14 Chapter

Again it was time for duty.

I woke up early that day, putting on my robe until the expected appeared. Slamming my bedroom door and then enthusiastically shouting: "Little one! Rise and shine, it's time to work!"

For almost days Leo had been very early into calling me out for duty everytime it's our time to go somewhere. And as per work, we were assigned to paperwork in the kingdom, in which we make our monthly report about our missions. Amazing enough, I had a lot to discuss about and I felt proud knowing how much I've helped these days.

"I'm done!" I happily raised my paper and looked at my mentor. He looked back at me with a rather tired look. "Go ahead and submit yours little one. Have yourself a day off while I'm gone. Explore the city and live your life without my expert guidance." He said.

I looked at him questioningly. What's wrong with him?

"It usually take Leopold two days before he complete his written report. So you have to take off on your own for a while." Someone suddenly spoke behind me. I turned around and then noticing Leo suddenly bowing down infront of him.

"Uhmmm... if I may ask... who?" I asked a bit at loss to every moment that is currently happening.

"Y/n pay your respect, he is the current wizard king." Leo quickly said.

I was a bit dumbfounded after he said that. I quickly bowed the same as Leo. "I'm sorry for being rude your majesty!" I quickly apologized.

The man laughed at my expression, raising a hand to his right and then patting my head. "I guess that can't be helped, you haven't seen me before after all." He said.

"I'm really sorry, your majesty."

He messed my hair even more. "I guess that's as expected of Asta's younger sister.  Don't  sweat about it too much. And by the way..." he paused making me looked up at him. But to my surprise, his bright sparkling eyes was looking at me. "I heard you have rather unusual power! Can you let me have a look?! May I see your grimoire?" He excitedly asked.

"Uhmm... sure?" I awkwardly smiled back as I unfastened my book handing it over to him.

He looked at it, open the contents and gave me a light smile. "Maybe we should talk outside. Your mentor still needs to do his report." He said.

I nodded and followed behind him giving Leo one final bow before I disappear on the door. As quietly as we are, we took the wide empty hallway going to the direction which I can recall as the exit.

"Your grimoire is indeed interesting. I've checked the spells and they were varieties of magic in different classes. Which means, this isn't an ordinary grimiore." He said.

I stopped and looked at the king nervously. Did he noticed that I was hiding the fourth leaf of my grimoire? "I-I'm happy to hear that." I replied stuttering from my first sentence. Oh no.

"Tell me Y/n? You're powerful, and I've never seen anything phenomenal as this book. Why aren't you using these powers?" He asked.

I felt surprised. At the same time confused of how he knew that. "I was... I didn't want to--"

"You're scared? What of? Of people will think of you once you've shown these incredible powers?" The king turned around and smiled at me again. Returning my grimoire and then messing my hair. "You are gifted. If you keep on dragging yourself down because you don't want to hurt others, then think about other people who will hurt this kingdom's people once the enemies will attack again." He said.

"Yes sir. I will keep that in mind." I replied.

"And one more thing." Before i could even get hold of my book, he grabbed it back and tapped it once. The illusion shattered like glass and the four leaf clover manifested. I blinked twice dumbstruck that he figured out the spell I used. "Don't you think it's better this way than when you're hiding it?" He asked nicely.