19 Chapter

(I'm as confused when I reread the last chapter... which is why I really have no idea what I'm supposed to do there. So I should probably get back to the romantic cringy feely again. 😂😂😂

Ah. Ignore that new guy om the previous chapter((he might appear somewhere else but I don't know where until I give him a real character)), I shan't do anymore confusing stuff for this is really giving me tremendous head ache.)

*Your POV

I scratched my cheek, following the back of the strange man who haven't spoken since he said that to me.

I didn't know whether I should be following him, but it was better to do so than being alone out of nowhere. I even made sure that our distance is evenly cautious enough for me to withdraw my grimoire out of he does something uncanny or attack me for some reason I may not know of.

Gradually, I tried relaxing my stiff shoulders. Looking around the woods to ensure that I wasn't following him into a deadly trap. The big trees getting thicker step by step. But the view was oddly not threatening at all that I wasn't feeling afraid of this. Although, I shouldn't rest assured that this won't be dangerous, making me hold on to my grimoire instinctively while watching the surrounding.

Few more minutes passed and I was getting really tired. The balls of my feet was aching but still bearable. But to find the man still going on his way, I felt the urge to just block his way and ask for a break--which made me automatically do what I was thinking. I ran after him with all the strength left in me catching my breath from exhaution.

"Y-Y-n?!" Familiar voices choirs my name that made me looked back up to the supposed guy in front of me. My eyes wide--the same as theirs when we were facing each other mysteriously.

"H-huh?" I shook my head confused before looking back at them. "Hah?!" Now I was shocked. It's really them... the people chasing me.

"Where have you been?! We were so worried!" Leo went near, grabbing me by the shoulder. His grasp, a little too secure.

"I... was... uh..." I blinked twice. "A guy..." the words didn't came out of my lips correctly, making me frown from what I was doing.

"You're a guy?" Leopold asked also giving the same confused demeanor.

"No!" I quickly denied. "I was following a guy!" I exclaimed. Now on the point of questioning my way of speaking because this is really not the way I talk.

"A guy?" Asta and Yuno went closer too.

"This is an uninhabited forest. No human lives here." Leopold explained.

"But... he was in front of me..." I insisted.

"Where?" The redhead asked. "You haven't been yourself lately. Maybe you just imagined that you were following someone." He pointed out and that's probably a believable cause.

I sighed. My feet still holding on but was already in pain. "I guess that's true..." I looked at them and gave an apologetic bow. "I'm really sorry... I didn't mean to cause you troubles."

"Don't worry about it, Y/n! You did your best from becoming such a valiant magic knight. Give yourself a forgiveness credit if you run a fuse sometimes!" Letting my shoulders go, Leo placed a hand on my head, ruffling my head gently and grinned. I shyly looked down, feeling the strange rushing of blood rising to my face. My heart thumping suddenly quick.

"Y/n. About yesterday..." Yuno was the next one to face me.

I stopped blushing and looked at him questioningly. "What about yesterday?" I asked.

"I... uh..." he was looking sideways. Something I never seen him do when talking to me. He was hesitant that the events that took place on the attack yesterday was intriguing me. "I want to apologize about yesterday." He said.

I frowned. "Why? What did you do?" I asked.

"I stole something."

"What?!"

"What?!"

Both Asta and Leopold asked surprised. The latter pointing a finger towards my childhood friend. "What you've done is not being worthy of a magic knight! You stole something?! What have you stolen, you must return it ten-fold!" The redhead said in accusation.

"It's not a thing." Yuno defended which made me even more in question.

"What is it then?" I asked.

"Let's go home." Instead, Yuno announced, forming his wind spell into a transportation.

I didn't bother asking anymore. I didn't know why, but if I rib him about it, I don't think I'm going to like his answer. I looked around my childhood friend. A frown formed into my brows when I noticed something wasn't really right.

"Miss Bell? Where is she?" I asked the raven.

He gave a short glance before riding into his transport. I followed and same with the other two. "She's sleeping." He replied.

"I'm not used of her being not with you tho..." I said, sighing as we hovered higher into the air, the view below beginning to get smaller the higher we got.

Yuno hummed thoughtfully. "Bell doesn't have to stay with me all the time." He said.

"She's still your guardian spirit."

"I can't handle two Astas at the same time. So at least if I meet with Asta, she doesn't have to double the annoyance."

I smiled from his remarks, nearly laughing when my brother we near to face him in displeasure. "What was that, Yunooooo?!?!?!" He asked.

"Did your noisy mouth got you deaf? Just how many times do I have to repeat it?"

Leopold suddenly laughed, standing beside me with a grin while watching the two quarrel. "As expected of my rivals. They don't give up so easily!" He laughed arrogantly, joining within the noise that's already filling the air. But when he stopped laughing, he placed an arm around my shoulder making me look up to him who was also doing the same.

"S-sir?" I asked  confused of why he did that.

He smiled, messed my hair with his other free hand before opening his mouth to what I expect to be a reply. "Don't go running round and making us worry again okay?" He said softly. "You may be a magic knight, but suddenly running off into an unknown forest is still dangerous. Especially when your a girl."

I laughed dryly. " I'm fine, sir Leo. I'm not weak just because I'm a girl." I told him seriously.

"Maybe you're right." He laughed. "I mean, look at my sister: Merleona! She's such a gorilla." He said.

I chuckled. "I want to be like her."

"No!!!" Now three voices joined forces to disagree with my statement. I frowned when all of them looked at me in horror. "Any woman, just NOT HER!" Leo exclaimed.

"Why not?"

They didn't speak. Simply gave me a blink and looked at each other as though it was so obvious. "My sister is groomed in the wild. Her body and mind is trained with gorillas and wild beasts. She's not a good example of people you should become in your 'one day' dream."

"That made me admire her more!" I said after Leo explained how she trained.

"Please sweet sister! I understand your need in strength! But please, aim somewhere you're not going to become as scary as her." Asta said.

"That's what makes her even more admiring. She intimidates people just by one look." I still countered.