12 Chapter

Your POV

I woke up to find myself in my bed, tucked on my warm blanket while my head felt heavy and still in a baffling daze.

What happened?

I held my head in thoughts of reconciling with what I've forgotten. But due to my headache, nothing seemed to connect. My head was still in daze cornered in a really unbearable pain that I didn't want to get the best of me.

I sat up. Today's still a part of day off. And I didn't want it to go to waste as possible. Standing back up I tried to exercise my weak knees and to my dismay, I'm still as weak. Using the table as a crane, I helped my feet up to lift myself with my head unlikely trying to participate with my desperation. And upon finally getting a straight feet, my room door suddenly banged open.

My eyes widened towards the open door to find the redhead mentor of mine casually entering. "Little one!--" his confident smile twitched down when he looked at me. His mouth dropped and I quickly covered down my thighs using the extent of the shirt I'm wearing.

"Sir!" I shouted embarrassed to let him find me short clothed at a time like this.

He shook his head after a second of pause to stare. "A- forgive my uninvited entry." He turned around. "Once you've changed out of those pajamas, open the door. We'll be off somewhere!" He returned back put of the door he had descended from. And while I stood there confused of what happened, I looked at the shirt and realized something off... why was I only wearing that? Who changed my clothes? And whose shirt is this?

I trembled at that thought. Trying to forget what happened earlier that minute and change back to my usual fashion.

And after those preparation, I led myself out the door feeling a faint pain on my head. I peeked out and found Leo standing next to it, arms crossed and face blankly staring into a space.

"Uhm... did you wait long?" I asked. Making my way out to finally face him hinting a blush on my cheek that I wish to dissolve.

"No little one. Just in time." He smiled back. "And you look better with your robes on." I felt my face grew brighter.

"Please don't tease me." I shyly asked.

It's not teasing!" Leo quickly denied. "I'm just stating what looked better on you." He laughed.

"Please knock on my door next time." She added.

That made the red burst to even more laughter. "I'm sorry about that little one. I won't question the way you dress."

That was not the point. But I just kept shut to avoid installing unreasonable arguments. And it looks like he's not going to knock like any normal citizen would do so I have to be careful on what to wear next time. "So... why did you call me out for? It's still our day off right?" I asked. Politely.

"Today, you will come with me for my training." He grabbed my hand within the blink of an eye. And before I could even recall, we're already running around the headquarters' hallway. Nonstop that my brain could not keep up with his phase. "My sister Merleona might come, so we need to hurry!"

His phase doubled when he told me that. And I--still in deep trouble coping up with the morning day felt the terrible feeling on my head being shaken. "Slowdown sir!" I pleaded at the same time complained.

"There's no time slowing down." Leo replied. But next detour to the right made him abruptly stopped. I didn't get much strength to carry my momentum that I bumped behind him.

"Urgh..." I grunted. Holding my head on the sudden impact. And when I finally get to clear my head, I noticed the squad captain standing in front pf us. "Oh, good morning captain." I gave a salute at him with my free right hand.

He smiled back. Looked at my mentor Leo and to me then to our entwined hands. "What took you this early?" He asked.

"Ah, brother!" Leo's face threatened to turn red. I watched him turning flustered while we faced the captain. "I uhh... just wanted y/n to watch me train!" He said.

"Watch you?" He asked curiously. Then back to be more intrigued to our hands.

"Yes! You see, y/n also have recovery magic! And... I... wanted to reassure in case I might get injured!" He nodded to his reasoning and that's where I get the point why he wanted to make me come.

The captain soon laughed from his flustered brother. "Merleona is coming. Are you not going to greet our sister?" He asked.

"Eehhh. You know how much of a devil sister is to me. At least with Y/n, I'll be safer!" He let my hand go and places it to my shoulder.

"Oh, so you call your older sister a devil, huh?" A cold voice out of the hall made Leo stiffens.

"Ah! S-s-sister!!!!!" Leo stutters nervously.

"Come on brat. Not going to greet the devil?" She asked coldly. Her tough woman demeanor caught my attention. She stood tall and proud, her brothers are most likely afraid of her. The kind of woman I adore.

"S-sister I..." he said.

I still gave a stare at Merleona for a good whole moment as if savoring the best thing that ever happened to my life. Full of sparks of admiration that only broke when she turned to looked at me. "Hmm? And who is this little thing?" She asked.

Little thing????

Does this family have some height issues?

But shaking that thought off I moved forward, saluted like a well stricken magic knight to give respect. "I'm y/n of Hage village! I'm a new recruit under sir Leopold's mentorship. It's an honor to meet you, ma'am!" I greeted trying as hard as I could to give an impression to the coolest woman I've met so far.

She looked at me with a frown. But then came a smile twitched to her rough face. "An adorable and enthusiastic one, I see." She said, running an arm around my shoulder then glaring at Leo. "Some funny business you got with little y/n, Le-o-pold?" She asked.

"Haah? I'm just going to train! Why are you looking at me like that?!" He defended, gesturing random hand movements. "Don't get the wrong ideas!"

"Wrong ideas?" The woman raised an eyebrow. "And what wromg ideas must I think of? Leopold?"

The youngest redhead turned even more flustered. "You're misleading, sister! Stop it!" He complained, grabbing my wrist trying to pull me forward but Merleona was wuick enough to tighten her hold on my shoulder. "Return little one to me. I still need to practice!"

"Practice by yourself. This young lady is coming with me. I'll have to train her over how to look tougher. Look at this girl." She grabbed my free hand as if weighing it to her palm. "Soft and fragile. Do you want to lose your subordinate during a fight? Look how pale she looks! Delicate and such a young girl! Have you no shame at all?"

The scolding continued with me, being chastised by the two siblings im both insult and praise.  The squad captain simply gave a looked at me and shook his shoulders sympathetically.