AUTOMEMOIRS DOLL 3

"Thank you."

"How is {Y/n}?" Erwin asked Hanji outside his office. "I invited her to lunch before, but she said she didn't want to eat. So she's been practicing typing the entire time." Hanji said with folded arms as she grew concerned for the girl, in which Erwin looked at the door where {Y/n}'s room in the building was. He sighed slightly, finding {Y/n} to not only be mysterious, but difficult also. "I see..." Was all he managed to say. Jean walked out of one of the rooms down the hall a bit, being introduced to their conversation. "Sorry to bother you..." Erwin apologized to Hanji. Hanji then looked at Erwin and smirked. She chuckled, then wrapped her arms around his neck and brought her face close to his, being incredibly flirtatious. "Then take me to dinner Erwin." He blushed feeling embarrassed by the sudden act. And Jean, who was peeking behind his hands with a red face watched. "D-Don't call me by my name." He told Hanji, trying to fend her off. "Aww why~? Because you wanted a different girl~? I can't believe you called out another girl's name in bed, that was terrible~" Erwin's face beamed red and he grabbed her shoulders and made space between them. "Stop! Please..." Hanji continued to smirk."I'm sorry." He rubbed the back of his blonde head. "I can't take you right now." Jean was still eavesdropping, shocked at what he saw. "I'm not getting salary this month." Hanji's features became confused and sullen. Jean's brows furrowed hearing the last part Erwin said. You must be kidding... Jean thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mikasa was walking down the busy streets where people got on and off the cable train, went in and out of stores, and went to chat with friends. She stopped when she noticed a doll in the display window of a store. She was in awe at this antique, placing her hand on the window as she observed it. Looking down, so sullen as she was, got herself together and continued to her destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hanji closed the case that held her typewriter. As the case clicked, Ymir came out of her cubicle holding a stack of papers. "I'm done writing the addresses." She informed Hanji. "Okay, thank you!" Hanji thanked cheerfully. "I'll bring these to the delivery room." Ymir said, leaving to complete the task. "Great, thanks." Hanji, again, thanked her as she stood up from behind her desk. {Y/n} sat quietly at the table by the door, where she was introduced to the typewriter earlier that day, practicing like she had in her room. "{Y/n}, thanks for your hard work. But, that's enough for today." {Y/n} stopped and looked up at her, and Hanji held a sweet smile on her face. "Let me see." She said, looking at {Y/n}'s progress. "Oh! You've really improved a lot! Amazing!" She praised, seeing a rather large stack of papers that have been typed on. {Y/n} looked down at the machine. "This weapon is what is amazing." She said. "Weapon..." Hanji repeated. "I suppose, it's a weapon, for working girls like us to go out into society and fight!" Hanji said about the machine metaphorically. "Tomorrow I'll have you sit by a real doll and watch how she does her work, okay?" Hanji smiled again. {Y/n} actually liked her smile, even though she'd never say that to her face. She was shy, perhaps. "Anyway, I'm going out for a delivery service now. If someone makes a request, we go to their house or work place to write for them." She explained. {Y/n} looked up at Hanji again. "Is it okay...if I take this with me?" She asked, mentioning to the machine. "Take it?" Hanji asked, holding the case with her's inside. "Where?" She then asked. "To my room." {Y/n} replied. "For training...and for..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In her room, {Y/n} continued to practice. The oil lit latern illuminated the room with a soft orange glow. Her stuffed puppy? Still on the floor. At the desk, that was set in front of the window, {Y/n} paused not knowing what else to write. She looked up, out the window, gazing at the roofs of buildings that were probably still open for night time visitors. Her bed of white sheets laid untouched. The carpet by the foot of the bed laid under her boots. And the typewriter, stopped making noise for the rest of the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Address...Levi?" Erwin asked, looking at {Y/n} who stood military position, after seeing the letter she wrote. "Yes. I want to tell him that I started a writing job and begun training. I want to report my current status." Her stoic expression fell to one...of thought. "I'm sure the Major is still busy, and is unable to see me. Is that right?" Erwin's brows raised a bit. She wasn't at all wrong. But Levi was busy in a different way, he was busy making sure {Y/n} was learning. "Well...Yeah." Erwin said after a long pause. He then smiled softly, trying to make light of the tension. "I understand. I'll send this for you." {Y/n} didn't show it much, but she seemed pleased. "So uh, how has the training been going?" He asked. "It's going well. There's no problem."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Like you already know..." A brunette man with glasses began, clutching his hat. "It's hard making ends meet everyday..." Ymir, who was scribing for him smiled in understanding. {Y/n} sat next to her, observing her work. "As you know...living expenses are tight." Ymir said as she typed. "You made an error in that sentence." {Y/n} said aloud. Ymir glanced at her annoyed, being told about her unmade mishaps. Mikasa looked into the cubicle as she was walking past, then stopping to see how they were doing. "Uh tell him...I'll pay you back two cholr every month." Ymir smiled again. "Every month I will pay back two-"