AUTOMEMOIRS DOLL 5

"It's a contradiction."

Mikasa looked up at {Y/n}. "You said I'm not suited for this duty. It's a contradiction." Mikasa looked back down.

"Actually...I'm the one who's isn't suited to be an automemoirs doll. That's why...I got so serious about defending her. The machine that was a prototype for the typewriter was originally invented by Dr. Orlando, the authority on letterpress printing. His wife, Mollie, was a novelist, but she became blind and couldn't write anymore. So he created the typewriter for her. The professor called it the Auto Memoirs Doll. That term now refers to the industry of writing for others who can't write anymore. Meeting her made me remember my dream, which I had almost forgotten. My feelings, which were buried away. Just like how my heart was moved by the novels written by Orlando's wife."

Mikasa, looked into the antique shop of a glass doll on a typewriter. She held her book of one of Mollie Orlando's novels as she gazed. She looked down at her book and smiled. The lights inside turned off and a man came out, most likely the owner. "I'm going to close up shop. Are you okay?" He asked. "Uh, yes." She said.

"Someday...I want to write beautiful letters that can move peoples' hearts, too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm done!" Hanji exclaimed cheerfully as she finished putting the red bow in {Y/n}'s now beautifully {preferred hairstyle}. "Nice. Alright then, {Y/n}. Let's see." Erwin told her. {Y/n} stood up as told. Erwin smiled. "It looks good on you. My opinion was right after all." He said, folding his arms pleased. She wore brown heeled boots, and her dress stopped just below her knees, it was white with brown stripes crossing each other on each side. The top half was a navy blue long sleeve cover that stopped below the chest. Above her elbows, the sleeves were fluffed with white-yellow bows sewed under. What kept the cover closed was a brown sash that went across her chest. The girls admired how lovely she looked in her new outfit. "Oh, and don't forget this." Erwin said, taking a brown wooden box and putting it in her gloved hand. "You can open it." He told her. {Y/n} nodded. "Alright then." She opened it. Inside, packaged neatly, was the silver blue brooch Levi gave her. It shimmered ever so elegantly. Her facial expression changed to one of surprise. "This is...this is the brooch the major gave me!" She exclaimed. The girls, Ymir and Mikasa, were astounded at her reaction and looked at one another. "It was on the black market. Someone must've stolen it from your belongings." Erwin said. {Y/n} clutched the brooch close to her, making Erwin smile at her. He then became captivated by her glowing, colorful {e/c} eyes, that showed how relieved she was. "So then! {Y/n}..." Hanji began, taking Erwin out of his trance. "Do you want to attend one of the doll training courses? They have short-term courses, too. Ymir attended one a while ago." Hanji said, smiling at Ymir. "Yeah, but the teacher was really strict." Ymir said. "I think it'll be good for you!" Hanji said to {Y/n}. {Y/n} thought about it as she looked back down at her brooch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At a nearby tavern

"You bought that back...that's why you didn't have any salary this month." Hanji said. "Thank you for the drink." Erwin said, raising his glass and bowing his head. She looked at him as she set her glass down slightly. "Hey uh, who is the Major that she is always talking about?" She asked. He kept his gaze down at his beverage that was of the color of glowing honey. "Levi." He answered. "He's a close friend of mine, from my military academy days. He's from the Ackerman family." Hanji raised her brows intrigued. "Oh! So he's one of them." Erwin, who had taken a sip of his drink, set it back on the counter, making a clanking sound as the ice in it shook. Erwin exhaled a chuckle and smiled slightly. "No... Even though he's from a rich family, he is a man with spirit." "So, he's alive?" She asked. "Yes." He confirmed, taking another drink. "That man is something else. He just can't...die."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Y/n} sat cuddled on her bed, admiring her brooch that was rightfully returned to her, her metal hands creaked as she turned it slightly. The lantern in her room illuminated a soft orange glow, keeping the darkness of the night out. Finally feeling tired, she simply fell over. Just before she fell asleep, she let the cold colored glass met her lush, pink lips.