6

Saphire's p.o.v

 Me and Dan got to the front door of the flat and we stood there a while deciding if we should go in together or separately. I waited five minutes and walked in. I took a deep breath as I walked in. I was regretting the decision of saying yes to Dan, I regret singing to him, I regret the kisses, I regret everything that happened today. I don't deserve to be with him. He deserves someone better. He deserves someone that knows what they're gonna do with their life. Someone that doesn't do drugs. He deserves someone that's the exact opposite of myself. Tears streamed down my face. I walked inside. Phil was asleep, I walked knocked on Dan's door. "come in" i heard Dan's voice faintly. I breathed in and shakily breathed out. I walked in and I sat on his bed. I sniffled. 

"what's wrong?" he asked concerned. 

"We need to talk" i said looking down at my hands.

"what's up?" he asked putting his laptop aside. 

"you need to forget everything that happened today, forget the kiss, forget the date, the song... everything" I sniffled.

"why?" he asked. A tear came out of his eye. "you've gotta be joking, please tell me you're joking" he begged. I just stayed silent. "Saphire?" 

"I'm sorry" i said quickly walking out of his room. I walked into mine. I locked my door and sat on my bed crying. I just rejected a really sweet guy. A guy that genuinely liked me. A guy that didn't have any intentions of hurting or changing me. I heard a knock on my door. "go away Dan"  I said through the closed door. 

"It's not Dan" I heard Phil say. For the first time since I moved here, all I wanted was Phil's company. I opened the door and hugged Phil. I could tell that at first he seemed shocked and then he hugged me. "Let's go sit on your bed" he said. I nodded and he walked towards my bed as I closed my door and locked it. I walked and sat on my bed. Phil side hugged me and kissed me on my head. I looked at him and then I hugged him and I felt safe in my big brother's embrace. He rubbed my hair and tried to calm me down. I finally stopped crying. I pulled away and looked at Phil. "What happened?" he asked calmly. I was debating wether to tell him or not. I decided I should. I looked at Phil.

"I'm gonna tell you, but don't freak out?" i told him. My voice was still shaky from crying. 

"okay" he said with a straight face.

"promise?" I asked him.

"yes" he said. I said okay and started telling him the story.

"Well today me and Dan had a Daphire day" I said.

"what's a Daphire day?" he asked confused.

"Me and Dan basically hung out together. Alone. All day" I explained calmly. You could tell that Phil was making an effort to stay calm. I smiled at that. He was actually trying. 

"Did anything happen?" he asked. I debated wether to tell him that we kissed... twice. Finally, since it was part of the problem, I nodded. 

"We kissed" I said. He stayed silent. "twice" He looked at me shocked. Then asked me to continue. I told him everything. From meeting at the park to the song. I also told him about how I told him to forget everything that happened today, which brought tears to my eyes again.

"You love him don't you?" He asked me. I reluctantly nodded. "Then why'd you tell him to forget everything?" he asked me. 

"Because he deserves someone way better" I said. 

"what do you mean?" he asked, very interested in what I had to say.

"Phil, you saw me when I came home smelling of weed. You saw me when I came home drunk. I'm a trainwreck" I answered. He hugged me. 

"You're not a trainwreck, you're a very beautiful and smart girl that got led the wrong direction" he said. I smiled at him, then frowned. 

"I'm not beautiful. I'm ugly. I don't even know what Dan sees in me" I sniffled. Phil continued hugging me and was stroking my hair. We were in a silence and then I heard something I wasn't expecting to hear.

"Saphire, you're everything I always wanted in a girl" I heard from the doorway.