8

Saphire's P.O.V

I woke up in the morning and had breakfast. I walked into the kitchen and Dan was there having his morning cereal. 

"Morning Dan" I smiled. He looked up at me then back at his cereal. I grabbed my favorite cereal, raisin bran. I didn't have to worry about the boys stealing it since it's their least favorite cereal. We sat there and ate our cereal in an awkward silence. "So, what's up?" I asked him. This time he didn't even glance up at me. 

"So you're just gonna act like nothing happened?" he said silently. I didn't answer him. I was trying so hard to stay strong but, of course, he didn't know that. "I don't want anyone else Saphire. I want you" he said. At this point I couldn't even look up at him because I knew that I wouldn't be able to hold it together. I just sat in silence and ate my cereal. 

"Dan don't start. I told you my reasoning for not dating you" I said. 

"That can't be your only reason" he countered. I stayed silent. "What's the other reason?" He asked holding his breath. 

"I have a... boyfriend" I said. He looked disappointed. "Are you okay?"

"Do you mind telling me who?" 

"Mike" I said. He looked down. "We've been dating for a year" I stated. He looked up at me. 

"Oh, that's not true, you kissed me" he said, he said giving me the 'I know that's bullshit' face.

"Stop being so defensive! Sorry to tell you this, pretty boy, but that kiss meant NOTHING to me. It was just harmless fun" I said. "You should've listened when I told you that you didn't deserve someone like me" he put his bowl in the sink and walked out angrily. I looked down ashamed. I can't believe I lied to him like that. I sat in the kitchen in silence. I walked into Phil's room. He was still asleep. I grabbed a paper from his desk and wrote. 

I borrowed your camera and tripod. See you later.

~Saphire

I put it where the camera used to be and put the camera in my bag. I grabbed the bag that had the tripod inside. I walked out of the house and bumped into Dan. He wouldn't even look at me after what happened in the kitchen. He had, what I like to call, a Howell scowell on his face. You could probably guess what that means. 'It's for the best' I thought to myself as I headed down a bunch of stairs. 'Jeez, was the person who made this building obsessed with stairs or something?' I thought to myself as I walked out the building's front door. I headed toward my usual spot. Instead of climbing the tree like I usually do, I walked inside the building and headed towards a place that I've recently come to know as my home. I set up the camera and started singing one of my favorite disney songs. It was 'I won't say I'm in love'. I decided to do something similar to what paint does on 'after ever after', it was so hard! Once I'd finished filming. I turned the camera off as I put all the things away and walked out as I listened to the creaking floors. As I took a step outside I smiled at this place. I put my stuff on the grass by the tree and climbed the tree. I smiled. I then sat on the branch and petted the tree. I never told anyone this, because they'd think I was crazy, but I named this tree Marla. 

"Marla, I have a problem. Remember the boy I brought here the other day? Well I, kinda, broke his heart. He started crying when I rejected him" I stayed silent for a while. "It really hurt me, to see him cry. I lied. I told him that Mike was my boyfriend" I sniffled. A lot of tears streamed down my face. "I told him the kiss meant nothing. I told him it was just harmless fun. He doesn't even want to look at me anymore" I said. I started silently sobbing. "I wish you could talk, because then you could give me advice." I felt the wind blow through my hair. "Marla, I don't know what to do. I love him" 'Wait, what? Did I just say I love Dan?' I looked towards the sun. The wind dried my tears as I jumped off the tree. I grabbed the stuff and I walked to the flat.

I bet you're wondering about the song I wrote. Well, I can't just write the perfect song in one night, I still have to finsh the melody and lyrics. I promise it's worth the wait.

Anyway, I took my time but still got there faster than I intended to. I walked inside and opened the door silently, hoping they were either gone, asleep, or just locked inside their rooms editing or something. Let's just say only half my wish came true.